Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Vendor
10,364 Posts
Sounds like a combination of "hemi tick" and lifter wear. Pretty typical with the PAO based oils with Moly in them!

What it sounds like is clearance in the lifter area.;)

Regards,
Brian
BND Automotive LLC:driving:
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
Oh wow... that is loud...

·
Vendor
10,364 Posts
Is that something I should get fixed promptly? Or wait?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
It may be something I can blend out in an oil for you. The thin PAO oils don't cushion like they really need to. QuantumBlue film strength could most likely quiet that down and stop it where it is.

Give me a call when you get a chance and we can at least discuss it.

Regards,
Brian
BND Automotive LLC
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It may be something I can blend out in an oil for you. The thin PAO oils don't cushion like they really need to. QuantumBlue film strength could most likely quiet that down and stop it where it is.

Give me a call when you get a chance and we can at least discuss it.

Regards,
Brian
BND Automotive LLC
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com
I'll take you up on that offer. May have to try it out.

Anyone here ever changed their own lifters? Or is that something you can't even attempt to do your self.

·
Vendor
10,364 Posts
I'll take you up on that offer. May have to try it out.

Anyone here ever changed their own lifters? Or is that something you can't even attempt to do your self.

Give me a call and we can discuss what to do and what I think we should look at.;)

Regards,
Brian
BND Automotive LLC:driving:
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

·
Registered
561 Posts
...do you have any oil in that thing??

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
Let us know what that BND oil does for ya, get a video too, i wanna see it work at this loud noise... gl bro

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So I'm dreading the worst tonight. The water pump took a dump on my way back this afternoon from a car show. Replaced it, no problem. Temperature went back to normal coolant started flowing properly. Get down the road, I felt it running rough. Got a check engine light. #6 cylinder misfire. Swapped out the coil packs still running rough. I'll check the InTune tomorrow and also the spark plug. We'll see how it goes. Wish me luck!

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
So I'm dreading the worst tonight. The water pump took a dump on my way back this afternoon from a car show. Replaced it, no problem. Temperature went back to normal coolant started flowing properly. Get down the road, I felt it running rough. Got a check engine light. #6 cylinder misfire. Swapped out the coil packs still running rough. I'll check the InTune tomorrow and also the spark plug. We'll see how it goes. Wish me luck!

Good luck! I hope its nothing serious!

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
Any update?

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts