Charger Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I pull into a parking lot yesterday and notice a black Charger with an 'R/T' emblem on the back. The next thing I notice are the wheels- steel wheels with covers on them. OK... maybe they were switched out. Not likely but winter is coming, so maybe.

I then notice the Hemi emblem on the fender. And shortly thereafter, I notice the cloth seats. Which forces me to the front of the car... where there is no R/T emblem nor any fog lights.

I don't know for sure what it really had but I'm guessing it was a 2.7... which is a far cry from a 5.9 or 6.1.

Why do I have a problem with this? Because some moron will challenge this guy someday with some piece of crap and think they beat a Hemi!

I have an SXT myself with a 3.5. Sure, I'd love a Hemi but the 3.5 is more than enough (especially at $2.90 a gallon!). You wouldn't be happy if you found out your date was stuffing up top... don't "stuff" under the hood! Be proud of what you have!

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
moderators, pls delete thread, I can't take another one of these pointless flame the rebadged guy thread.:sick: :shifty: :confused:

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
moderators, pls delete thread, I can't take another one of these pointless flame the rebadged guy thread.:sick: :shifty: :confused:
x2 delete....
Wow, you guys are harsh...give the guy a break...sometimes things arent as they appear :D Notice his post count, under 20...he is a newbie and hasnt taken advantage of the search tool..alot of veterans still dont do that.

Anyway we understand what u mean, but this topic has been discussed several times...go to search u will find plenty of guys badging up a 2.7 :D

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
i dont get sick of rebadged threads... i get sick of people upbadging. theres no reason to delete this thread. i agree 100% w. the OP

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Maybe its a police package charger with a HEMI?

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
Why do I have a problem with this? Because some moron will challenge this guy someday with some piece of crap and think they beat a Hemi!QUOTE] i couldn't agree more... this is the type of BS that I can't stand! Great thread:smoke:

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
I saw an R/T the other day around me that had a stuck on hood scoop, R/T wheels, regular R/T interior and SRT8 badges all around. I should have taken pictures, but who cares. The car still looked good.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
why people are harsh with a newb? this is a forum for pete's sake!!!
here's a def I found on the web regarding the word "forum"

"An online discussion group, where participants with common interests can exchange open messages."

so why delete this thread? hey I myself hate posers, because they damage the image of real R/Ts, but hey trying to stop upbadging its like global warming.... whatcha gonna do?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Maybe the Charger should be badged like this Toyota in Japan...

:)

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
If Al Gore had his way, up badging would never occur.

I'm tired of reading about this too but I'm more tired of seeing it, but since we are on the subject. I was at a light and a "hemi" R/T pulled up on one side of me and a neon on the other, so I nodded at the charger and figured we would both smoke the guy with the fart can (non SRT 4). I peeled off with the neon behind me followed by the other charger who was trying. At the next light I saw the single exhaust and just shook my head. So did I beat an R/T??? LOL

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
If Al Gore had his way, up badging would never occur.

I'm tired of reading about this too but I'm more tired of seeing it, but since we are on the subject. I was at a light and a "hemi" R/T pulled up on one side of me and a neon on the other, so I nodded at the charger and figured we would both smoke the guy with the fart can (non SRT 4). I peeled off with the neon behind me followed by the other charger who was trying. At the next light I saw the single exhaust and just shook my head. So did I beat an R/T??? LOL
Yup, Ive been trough that..... Its sad.... real sad

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Maybe the Charger should be badged like this Toyota in Japan...

:)
hahahahaha engrish.com is the best site there is out there!!! you always find something that is funny!

·
Registered
879 Posts
I beat a bugatti veyron the other day fellas. Took him both from a dig and roll. We were pretty even to about 190, but you know what a hemi can do.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
So I pull into a parking lot yesterday and notice a black Charger with an 'R/T' emblem on the back. The next thing I notice are the wheels- steel wheels with covers on them. OK... maybe they were switched out. Not likely but winter is coming, so maybe.

I then notice the Hemi emblem on the fender. And shortly thereafter, I notice the cloth seats. Which forces me to the front of the car... where there is no R/T emblem nor any fog lights.

I don't know for sure what it really had but I'm guessing it was a 2.7... which is a far cry from a 5.9 or 6.1.

Why do I have a problem with this? Because some moron will challenge this guy someday with some piece of crap and think they beat a Hemi!

I have an SXT myself with a 3.5. Sure, I'd love a Hemi but the 3.5 is more than enough (especially at $2.90 a gallon!). You wouldn't be happy if you found out your date was stuffing up top... don't "stuff" under the hood! Be proud of what you have!

why truly worry about it? seriously, brah.

under the same note....

some males tend to dress in drag. so do some women....they dress as men and act like em...

some day some "moron" may have a problem when he gets ridiculed or loses some girl at the bar for a dude whos really a chick....then pick a fight with em...

so they will whip this "dudes" rear, who really is a woman, and go brag about how they "dropped this 280lbs guy in a bar"..... usually the shorter napoleon types will do this with a bit of liquid courage....

as a guy above 280lbs, should i let it bother me?

no.

it doesnt bother me cause i have pride in myself, my size, and my patience.

sure the napoleon guy at the bar who got c-blocked by a woman dressed as a guy may go around bragging about how easy he beat up the "dude"...

however everyone gets what they deserve in the end.

-the napoleon gains ego, challenges a real 280lbs + guy and gets his butt handed to him, with receipts

-the "dude" who really was a woman dressed as a man, gets an unecessary fight, and prob a cheap shot. but when you dress as a guy, dont be surprised when someone actually treats you as one.

-myself.... i get nothing, but another day of life. and the satisfaction of knowing that yet another moron or "napoleon" exists.

outside of that, what someone else dresses up as or their car has absolutely NO BEARING on me or my possessions:grin:

their car, their bills, their cash.... no different than anyone in a v6 with a loud dual exhaust on here. its not a v8, nor does it have as much power as it sounds...:lol:

·
Registered
448 Posts
I beat a bugatti veyron the other day fellas. Took him both from a dig and roll. We were pretty even to about 190, but you know what a hemi can do.
I would like to say nice kill, however I think it may have been toying with you. I don't think we have too many Hemi's with 1000+ HP...

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
vipere- he wasnt being serious, he was just being sarcastic/joking. that sounds like something a ricer/upbadger would say and thats why he said it

samoan tsunami- ur post didnt make any sense, and didnt have anything to do with chargers being upbadged

·
Registered
448 Posts
vipere- he wasnt being serious, he was just being sarcastic/joking. that sounds like something a ricer/upbadger would say and thats why he said it

samoan tsunami- ur post didnt make any sense, and didnt have anything to do with chargers being upbadged
LOL Yeah, I was dying to see what more bull &^%$ was going to be slung... :lol: Thanks for the reassurance...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.