Charger Forums banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
I think that price is high. It depends on the options though. I don't have the Alcantara seats, adaptive cruise or lane assist on mine, but my 20 WB with 0 miles was 52 out the door with an extended warranty.
Yes, the price is very high. The car has basically no options at all besides the carbon black wheels. It is a "base" model SP WB with the optioned wheels, thats it. MSRP on my ordered car is close to $60k and I will be walking out the door being WELL under $55k LOL

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Thank
Yes, the price is very high. The car has basically no options at all besides the carbon black wheels. It is a "base" model SP WB with the optioned wheels, thats it. MSRP on my ordered car is close to $60k and I will be walking out the door being WELL under $55k LOL
You. Yes I found out I could buy a brand new one cheaper.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Heavier, sure. I may be wrong, but I don't think people purchase any type of muscle car with comfort being a priority. I would take a V8 over the turbo v6 any day. I've had a V6 twin turbo, AWD sedan. They can be quick, but it doesn't provide the same experience IMO. The Hellcat are slightly faster (using your same scale between the Caddy & SP) than the SP's on paper. In the real world or on a real track, I would argue that it would be a close run. The HC struggles to put the power to the ground; unless you have long straight stretches, corners are going to kill the big advantage the HC power has over the 392.
Right. Neither a 392 or Hellcat is designed to handle corners, so you could say corners will kill any advantage a 392 would have over a Pentastar on windy roads. Line a 392 up against a Hellcat on the freeway and get back to us with not thinking there is much of a difference. Maybe in the first few gears, but once you get moving it's not even remotely close. The HC pulls all the way through the gears where the 392 starts to lose steam.

·
Premium Member
3,971 Posts
They also have a 2016 Hellcat I may test drive.
Careful. That's Pandora's Box. A Scat Pack is a pretty powerful car, but Hellcats are kind of in a unique category of silliness. If you like high-G acceleration and get a chance to actually open up a Hellcat on a test drive, you're going to have a hard time looking at other cars again.

But best of luck in your car-hunt.

Reactions: POWERMAN

·
Registered
150 Posts
Line a 392 up against a Hellcat on the freeway and get back to us with not thinking there is much of a difference. Maybe in the first few gears, but once you get moving it's not even remotely close. The HC pulls all the way through the gears where the 392 starts to lose steam
This is basically exactly what I had stated; the Hellcat has no competition in the straight stretches. In nearly every other situation, it is nothing more than bragging rights about what the car “is”. It wasn’t even about the price for me. I had canceled my order for a HC and got the SP WB. It is a more street-able car IMO.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I think that price is high. It depends on the options though. I don't have the Alcantara seats, adaptive cruise or lane assist on mine, but my 20 WB with 0 miles was 52 out the door with an extended warranty.
I think it’s a sign of the times. My 2020 widebody has, the upgraded seats, sunroof, nav, tech group, convenience group, and plus group and I paid 50k OTD.

I recently got an offer for it for 49k.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Hemi 392 485 HP. Some pics I pulled up on the 2020 WB shows it on the fenders. Is it new or used? If used maybe someone took them off.
I think it’s a sign of the times. My 2020 widebody has, the upgraded seats, sunroof, nav, tech group, convenience group, and plus group and I paid 50k OTD.

I ended up buying a new 2021 with all the bells & whistles for $55,000. It won’t actually be here for 2 weeks but hopefully worth the wait. Thank you guys!

·
Registered
150 Posts
I ended up buying a new 2021 with all the bells & whistles for $55,000. It won’t actually be here for 2 weeks but hopefully worth the wait. Thank you guys!
Congrats & be sure to post some photos! Out of curiosity, what is with the 2 week wait? That is far too short to be a factory order and I can’t believe someone allowed a dealer trade. I’m assuming you’re just having a car shipped to you from a long distance dealer?

·
Registered
2019 Scat Pack
232 Posts
Congrats & be sure to post some photos! Out of curiosity, what is with the 2 week wait? That is far too short to be a factory order and I can’t believe someone allowed a dealer trade. I’m assuming you’re just having a car shipped to you from a long distance dealer?
Dealers will trade for cars, they may just keep some or all of the floor money, holdbacks, rebates, and count it as a "sold" unit. Buying a car from a different dealership right now means you run the possibility of adding 2-3K to the price. But the rebates now are garbage anyway you're far better off taking the 0% for 72 instead of the 2-3K off of MSRP, my opinion anyway.

·
Registered
2020 Charger SXT Plus AWD - Frostbite/Black
134 Posts
It could also be an incoming car previously ordered for the selling dealer's stock

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've had my wide body for 2 weeks now and absolutely love it. Those extra wide tires make a huge difference in handling and ability to control the 392's power. After two Challenger SRT's with the 392 and 275 width tires, believe me I know how quickly the rear end can break loose. This car is the best one yet!
photo 3.JPG
SRT-3.jpeg
PHOTO-2021-05-24-19-45-52 (3).jpg

·
Registered
43 Posts
I agree. I am getting my Scat in a few days. I am paying $51K loaded. Here is the window sticker. I would look for new if it was me, but I live in Missouri, so maybe prices would be higher elsewhere.

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Susan did you get a widebody? If so, good decision!!

·
Registered
150 Posts
I agree. I am getting my Scat in a few days. I am paying $51K loaded. Here is the window sticker. I would look for new if it was me, but I live in Missouri, so maybe prices would be higher elsewhere.
How are you paying $51k if the msrp is just under $60k? Invoice is approximately $56,550 and the rebates haven’t been outrageously large this year.

·
Registered
43 Posts
How are you paying $51k if the msrp is just under $60k? Invoice is approximately $56,550 and the rebates haven’t been outrageously large this year.
I had a few dealers tell me the same thing. All I know is the price we agreed on. I had two dealers that gave me the same price after several days of negotiation. I have the buyers order & a text from the salesman saying $51K OTD. If they tell me they can't do that deal after all, I will walk.

Attachments

·
Registered
150 Posts
I had a few dealers tell me the same thing. All I know is the price we agreed on. I had two dealers that gave me the same price after several days of negotiation. I have the buyers order & a text from the salesman saying $51K OTD. If they tell me they can't do that deal after all, I will walk.
4% below invoice would obviously be about $54.3k, so that number is possible if you find the right dealer. You’re not going to be $51k OTD though. That doesn’t even include sales tax per the document. My other concern is if this was ordered in March, where is your car? I had order the middle of last month and I’m waiting on shipping. Also, i hope the $3k rebate was price protected, otherwise it is gone.

·
Registered
43 Posts
4% below invoice would obviously be about $54.3k, so that number is possible if you find the right dealer. You’re not going to be $51k OTD though. That doesn’t even include sales tax per the document. My other concern is if this was ordered in March, where is your car? I had order the middle of last month and I’m waiting on shipping. Also, i hope the $3k rebate was price protected, otherwise it is gone.
In Missouri the dealer doesn't collect the sales tax. This is what the salesman said when I told him other dealers said the rebate couldn't be locked in: "Whoever you are getting your information from its false information. We can lock in the rebates the day we order the car."

·
Registered
150 Posts
In Missouri the dealer doesn't collect the sales tax. This is what the salesman said when I told him other dealers said the rebate couldn't be locked in: "Whoever you are getting your information from its false information. We can lock in the rebates the day we order the car."
Ohh, ok. It was assumed as many states allow the dealer to collect sales tax. So generally when people refer to the OTD price, that includes all the taxes and fees as well. So an assumed good/bad otd price for many, many not necessarily be the case. Your pricing makes much more sense now.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Where did you get your 2020 for 50k OTD? Was it used?

21 - 40 of 51 Posts