Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m new to the Charge world. I am looking into buying a 2020 Scat Pack wide body. I’m confused does this car have a hemi or not? There is no hemi badge but I don’t know if that’s because the dodge thought the bee was better. 🤷‍♀️ I have a CTS-V now & I’m wondering how different the ride will be. I realize this are 2 different cars all together. So I am looking for help from all you Charger diehards. I have included a picture of the beauty I’m thinking of buying. Thanks Guys!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Um...yeah.The 2020 Scat Pack Widebody has a Hemi. And it will ride harder than a CTS-V.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Which gen CTS-V? GM has been doing Mag ride longer than anyone(even Ferarri used to get GM to do their magride)
The CTS-V will ride better and have more power(gen 3 would be a better comparison to a Hellcat), but the Charger looks a lot better.

All the v8s used in Chargers/Challengers are hemis.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Which gen CTS-V? GM has been doing Mag ride longer than anyone(even Ferarri used to get GM to do their magride)
The CTS-V will ride better and have more power(gen 3 would be a better comparison to a Hellcat), but the Charger looks a lot better.

All the v8s used in Chargers/Challengers are hemis.
the current CTS-V I have is a 2015. I was going to upgrade to a newer but hell they are hard to find, at least close to me. I went Saturday to 2 different places & both had sold before I got there. The second place the guy was pulling out of the parking lot as I pulled in. Just my luck. Lol. I LOVE the CTS-V but I’m thinking maybe this is a sign it’s time to try something different.

·
Registered
248 Posts
the current CTS-V I have is a 2015. I was going to upgrade to a newer but hell they are hard to find, at least close to me. I went Saturday to 2 different places & both had sold before I got there. The second place the guy was pulling out of the parking lot as I pulled in. Just my luck. Lol. I LOVE the CTS-V but I’m thinking maybe this is a sign it’s time to try something different.
There was no CTS-V in 2015.
Gen 3 didn't start until 2016.
Was it a CTS V-Sport?(still an awesome car 420hp TTv6, eLSD, brembos, etc)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hemi 392 485 HP. Some pics I pulled up on the 2020 WB shows it on the fenders. Is it new or used? If used maybe someone took them off.
Yes it’s a little used. It has 3000 miles on it. These are the pics I have. I didn’t see an emblem.
you are
Yes. After looking again you are right it is a v sport. ☹ No wonder the huge price jump from 2015 to 2016 or 2017. Lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
248 Posts
I love the V-Sports. they are fantastic cars. I think the Scat will ride rougher, even with the adaptive suspension and will not handle as well as the V-Sport.
The interior is different, but they are both nice, with similar features.
To sum it up, the V-sport has better handling and less weight, but the Scat Pack will have more power.

I traded a 2018 ATS with the manual transmission for my 2020 R/T Daytona. I love the power and sound of the V8, but I miss the handling and manual transmission from the Cadillac.

Both are great cars.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Yes, the badges have been removed. There should be "392" badges on both front fenders. And yes, it has a hemi..a great one at that. The entry hemi is the 5.7 (still a great motor), which can be found in the RT models. The ScatPacks come with the 6.4L.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I love the V-Sports. they are fantastic cars. I think the Scat will ride rougher, even with the adaptive suspension and will not handle as well as the V-Sport.
The interior is different, but they are both nice, with similar features.
To sum it up, the V-sport has better handling and less weight, but the Scat Pack will have more power.

I traded a 2018 ATS with the manual transmission for my 2020 R/T Daytona. I love the power and sound of the V8, but I miss the handling and manual transmission from the Cadillac.

Both are great cars.
Thank You! I’m going back this morning for a test drive. They also have a 2016 Hellcat I may test drive. I kinda like the idea of having an almost new car with the 2020 Scat Pack.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I’m new to the Charge world. I am looking into buying a 2020 Scat Pack wide body. I’m confused does this car have a hemi or not? There is no hemi badge but I don’t know if that’s because the dodge thought the bee was better. I have a CTS-V now & I’m wondering how different the ride will be. I realize this are 2 different cars all together. So I am looking for help from all you Charger diehards. I have included a picture of the beauty I’m thinking of buying. Thanks Guys!!!
Welcome to the forum from NC. Yes that is a 392 SP. Beautiful car. Someone removed the fender badges. If you don’t mind what are they asking for it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
378 Posts
...in what way would a SP be a downgrade from her current car?
its not that much faster, it’s heavier, and we already know the Cadillac is gonna ride better. The SP is going to feel barbaric compared to a Cadillac...at least with a hellcat you got that monster power that makes up for it.

·
Registered
150 Posts
its not that much faster, it’s heavier, and we already know the Cadillac is gonna ride better. The SP is going to feel barbaric compared to a Cadillac...at least with a hellcat you got that monster power that makes up for it.
Heavier, sure. I may be wrong, but I don't think people purchase any type of muscle car with comfort being a priority. I would take a V8 over the turbo v6 any day. I've had a V6 twin turbo, AWD sedan. They can be quick, but it doesn't provide the same experience IMO. The Hellcat are slightly faster (using your same scale between the Caddy & SP) than the SP's on paper. In the real world or on a real track, I would argue that it would be a close run. The HC struggles to put the power to the ground; unless you have long straight stretches, corners are going to kill the big advantage the HC power has over the 392.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Heavier, sure. I may be wrong, but I don't think people purchase any type of muscle car with comfort being a priority. I would take a V8 over the turbo v6 any day. I've had a V6 twin turbo, AWD sedan. They can be quick, but it doesn't provide the same experience IMO. The Hellcat are slightly faster (using your same scale between the Caddy & SP) than the SP's on paper. In the real world or on a real track, I would argue that it would be a close run. The HC struggles to put the power to the ground; unless you have long straight stretches, corners are going to kill the big advantage the HC power has over the 392.
That’s fair...i think in most cases when someone has been driving a luxury car for quite some time and hop into something like a charger scatpack that it may feel like a downgrade. Just my opinion. That’s why I said hellcat because the extra power and that whine will make up for it.

·
Registered
150 Posts
That’s fair...i think in most cases when someone has been driving a luxury car for quite some time and hop into something like a charger scatpack that it may feel like a downgrade. Just my opinion. That’s why I said hellcat because the extra power and that whine will make up for it.
Yeah, I could see that! It obviously depends on the person too. Like I said, for ME the joy of a big V8 trumps the V6 with turbos. The sound and torque :love:. I agree that the Charger interior could be feel like a dump to some. I don't find it terribly impressive, but I think it is nice enough. You're paying for the performance capabilities, for the most part.

·
Registered
2020 scat pack widebody
10 Posts
The car is listed for $54,999 and has over 6,300 miles according to the website, not 3k.
I think that price is high. It depends on the options though. I don't have the Alcantara seats, adaptive cruise or lane assist on mine, but my 20 WB with 0 miles was 52 out the door with an extended warranty.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts