Charger Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
look at the link, its a stick on Ghetto hood...... its also says 1 of 1 made, the spoiler is also aftermarket

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
ltdodge said:
look at the link, its a stick on Ghetto hood...... its also says 1 of 1 made, the spoiler is also aftermarket
It's a joke, some dealer trying to pull a fast one, The hood is but ugly, and the decal looks goofy, some fool will buy this though...

·
Registered
112 Posts
I had a chance to talk with the dealership manager while I was drooling all over they're loaded Daytona last night. One of the things we talked about was how disorganized the information seems to be regarding all the different options/configurations for the Charger.

I surprised him by telling him the RT with the Performance Package is supposed to come with the seats similar to those in the Daytona, and he caught me off gaurd by mentioning that in addition to the Top Banana and GoManGo Orange, there may be a third color offered for the Datona. A Red/Black combination.

Anybody else hear rumblings of the sort?

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts

Here's the scoop.

And the Wing

And of course the graphics are done by some local with a vinyl cutter and a computer.

This is NOT a special package.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
All photos coutrtesy of the spoiler factory, where you can buy these things and make your own special edition.

I also recommend swinging into Wal Mart for some o' that uber cool "Special Edition" chrome stick on lettering.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I withdraw my comment from before.
I didn't follow the link and just looked at the first 3 pics.
You guys are correct, that is a one of a kind rip-off. Someone is trying to make their own special edition Charger, and dup someone how isn't aware of what DCX is producing.
That sucks...

·
Registered
111 Posts
In the past (old mustangs) there was a dealer who customized every mustang he received, and put a name on the design. He had over 2000 or so customized, today these cars are worth 6 digits. There is a story on one of the forums and links to a site that displays one of them... If I find it I will post it.

However, YES this is some person or dealers customization. It may not be DCX's design, but it will sell to someone... Its just a customization someones posting on ebay. Not much different then what a lot of the guys on this forum want to do to their own RT's... I have no problem with it. What he should state is that he customized and R/T and is now selling it as his homegrown version of a "HEMI INDY" special... lol!

I have a color coded spoiler on order. I am also contemplating a color coded chin up front and an additional 'Chrome" R/T badge for the grill, tinted windows and louder exhaust. One thing at a time...

Wow, then I can do ebay!!! lol!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Too bad the window sticker tells all. No mention of anything special, not even the Road/Track group. If it's not on the sticker... At least he posted that.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Lots of dealers mod their cars. Nothing wrong with that. This one's a half-a$$ed job, though. You want one that will be worth a million bucks 30 years from now, then the dealer has to put some bucks in it now - like taking an RT and dropping in a viper engine, manual tranny, SRT-8 suspension, and Brembo brakes!

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Chargin, yes, there were dealers that did sell modified cars, Yenko Camaros were some of the most famous of that breed. But the only ones that we revere are the ones that were modified for power, not looks.

http://www.musclecarcalendar.com/WeKnowJack/CamaroYenko.htm

But note that these cars had a helluva lot more than slap on spoilers and stickers.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Hooo Haahahaa !!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:cool: :headbang:

Now that was funny!

·
Registered
111 Posts
The cars had 14 bids and is up to 30,100.00... It will be interesting to see how much it goes for... the reserve is not met yet.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts