Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
lmao, how Ironic. This exact same matchup just happened between me and a SRT-4 about 10 min ago. I was basically a hair above E on gas, and my daytona has been running sluggish lately due to a problem I had, It was pretty even when we were goin

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
There was an srt-4 at the track the other night and he would have smoked me easily. He was running 14's all night. Those things can move, with the right mods.

·
Registered
609 Posts
There was an srt-4 at the track the other night and he would have smoked me easily. He was running 14's all night. Those things can move, with the right mods.
If he was running 14's it should have been close. What were your times??

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I am all stock, and it was a warm night in vegas, that being said. I was running 15's all night. Even the stock SRT8 that night were only running 14.4's

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
I raced one off a 30mph roll it was very close but I got him bout half a car and we stopped at around 65mph

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Stage III SRT4 will smoke a Daytona...

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Xxxxx10.....:)

·
Registered
474 Posts
basic bolt-ons on an srt-4 will rape a regular r/t. there was a handful of them at the track when i went. that were all running a full second quicker than my SRT8

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
I never understood comparing cars that are no where near the same class at whos faster. A car half the weight and half the size lol. Lets compare a Yamaha R1 to a Srt-4, bet the R1 wins!

·
Registered
339 Posts
speaking on this because i traded my 04 srt-4 which was right at 400whp on spray.... it was alotttttttt faster then my r/t.... but cant ever get away from the neon fact and it wasnt as preety on the eyes as my charger.... i will most likely buy me another srt-4 with in a year or so as my 2nd toy.... they can be made to be fast very cheap

·
Registered
339 Posts
the main reason i got rid of my srt-4, well aside it being fwd was the fact they are so moody, impossible to keep tuned properly imo, boost leaks are allways an issue, traction on street tires wasnt possible at any roll under 60mph with the nitrous on, granted from a 50mph roll or similar it was a mean mofo to around 130mph ive outran s/c cobra's built ls1's etc,

darn it makes me miss that little car sometimes :lol:

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
the main reason i got rid of my srt-4, well aside it being fwd was the fact they are so moody, impossible to keep tuned properly imo, boost leaks are allways an issue, traction on street tires wasnt possible at any roll under 60mph with the nitrous on, granted from a 50mph roll or similar it was a mean mofo to around 130mph ive outran s/c cobra's built ls1's etc,

darn it makes me miss that little car sometimes :lol:

Then I'd suggest a Stage kit path for your next one. No moodiness involved:) Bolt and go. No fussy tuning required.

As far as boost leaks, I just used a preventative approach, and did a test every oil change. Took 5 minutes.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Um yeah... So what?

And a stage 3 Daytona will beat an SRT 4, 6, and 8.
too bad there is no stage 3 daytona though. maybe within a year we will see some viable FI solutions, that will allow us to outrun the smaller cars. but for now, you will just have to appreciate the LX for what it is. a heavy but comfortable car, with enough torque to keep up with most vehicles on the road.

·
Registered
339 Posts
i stayed away from the stage 3, my car was stage 2 but had an agp wga which has insane part throttle boost which made it very anoying to drive.... the ported throttle body had a mind of its own... my mods were
3inch 02 housing , 3 inch downpipe with electronic cutout, big front mount intercooler , agp wastegate , mopar stage 2 , perrin fuel rail, warlbro 255 fuel pump, ported intake manifold , ported throttle body, aem cold air intake , nx intercooler sprayer , perrin short throw shifter , ngk wideband , hks turbo timer , mopar bov, and of course a nx 75 wet shot....

needless to say i had alot of money tied up in that car and it would have ate the mopar stage 3 cars alive... all the same i miss it but its not in the same league as my charger quality wise

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Yeah, a car that modded will take a Stage 3 car. No part throttle boost, no tuning. Drives just like stock only faster. I was willing to give up the extra power in return for the factory engineered feel.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts