Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 Dodge Daytona Charger

Why does my Daytona have solid rear brake rotors? I have been trying to get rotors for this thing for 2 weeks. First I got Daytona Rotors they were too big, then I ordered R/T rotors and they are too thick because they're vented. My rotors are solid NON vented! Anyone else experience this?

Thanks

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Solved 1st time changing these rear brakes, previous owner put non vented rotors on the rear. Calipers were stretched to their limit. A buddy of mine rectified the situation by putting the VENTED rotors on the rear and all is well again!!

·
Premium Member
938 Posts
Crazy! I used to have G37 coupe (that I traded for my first Charger, a 2014 RT). I had a similar experience with a previous owner doing something stupid, the G37 was running WITHOUT air filters. The dealership discovered this when I took it for an oil change and checkup. I know some people take them off at the track for maximum airflow but on the street? That can’t be good. I’ve pulled off huge moths and other bugs off my K&N filter when I clean them, imagine the engine just sucking that right up.

Glad you were able to figure it out!

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea some peoples kids man!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts