Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i have a mini amp that i run my ipod into so that it dont have to turn up my radio all the way to be able to hear it. The problem is that its battery powered (2 AA) and i hate having to turn it on and off. It also makes it so that i have to somewhere reachable and i would really like to put it behind the glovebox and get it out of the way. Do any of you guys out there know how i would go about hardwiring to a power source that turns on and off with the car.

Any help wouuld be awesome.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Check out the Belkin Auto Kit or something similiar. It charges the IPOD and has a line out plug that comes from the bottom of the unit with an amp. I've had mine for a couple of years now and love it. Plugs into the cigarette lighter and turns on and off with the car, unless you have changed the fuse.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
ya ive seen those but i like that with my setup i can have everything hidden and only have one cable coming out of the center console or wherever i hide the amp and since i usally take my ipod out of the car i really dont need to charge it in the car unless i'm on a long trip.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bump for more ideas.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
anyone have any ideas at all? basically what i want to do i hardiwre a 3v amp into a 12v car and want to know how that would be done.

·
Registered
345 Posts
There is a thread somewhere on the forums that splits the power from the lighter socket. That is keyed right now and there is a way to make it a constant power source as well.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
any other thoughts to convert from 12v to 3v....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts