Charger Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for new wheels and tires for my 2007 Charger SRT8. From doing research it looks like it shouldn't be an issue if go with the

Weld Racing RT-S S71 17" X 10" [Rear]
Weld Racing RT-S S71 17" X 8.0" [Front]

Anyone see an issue with that?

What size of tire can I go with the rears, something like 295? I would like a nice big fat tire in the back, especially for my new Getrag 3.73 I'll be installing this weekend and a supercharger down the road.

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
I'm looking for new wheels and tires for my 2007 Charger SRT8. From doing research it looks like it shouldn't be an issue if go with the

Weld Racing RT-S S71 17" X 10" [Rear]
Weld Racing RT-S S71 17" X 8.0" [Front]

Anyone see an issue with that?

What size of tire can I go with the rears, something like 295? I would like a nice big fat tire in the back, especially for my new Getrag 3.73 I'll be installing this weekend and a supercharger down the road.
I would make very sure that they will clear the Brembo brakes. Most wheels won't and spacers may be required.

As far as the rear tire width, you can go as wide as a 305 without tread distortion on a 10" wide wheel and possibly up to a 315. They should fit under the wheel well without needing to roll the fenders as long as the offset is close to stock.

Also remember that a 17" wheel will require a much higher side wall for drag racing application and that configuration won't be ideal for street use. Handling will suck. It also doesn't make much sense to do 17x8" on the front. You want to run "skinnies" for the track. More like a 5.5-6" width.

You need to clearly define your goals before you go to a 17" wheel.

If you want the best all around combo for a regular street driver, go with a set of 275/40s on the stock wheels for daily driving and get a drag racing set of wheels/tires dedicated for the 1/4 mile track.

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank's Ddaddy for the great info, I should of also told you what I'll be using my car for once that I have it back together again. The car will be out only once a week or every other week, I'll also plan on bringing it to more local car shows and go to the track every so often. So I don't plan on having it on the road that much.

I'm just having a hard time trying to figure out what I really want, I want fat rear tires that can handle 700HP+ that looks good with the right size front tires.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts