Charger Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please feel free to suggest any shock, springs, sway bars to help me in achieving a better cornering abilitiy. I'm not interested in lowering my Charger R/T (without the Road and Track Performance Group) more than one inch. It is all stock and would appreciate any input about products available that have produced good results. I've read several posts regarding this topic, it seems much is mixed and matched....please help....thanks.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
if you are only going one inch and no more....mopar springs. they sit exactly 1" down and usually doesn't require an alignment. the eibach prokit is about 1.3/1.4" drop..a little more than the mopar but also suppose to not be bad. eibach also produces the sportline 2.0 all the way around....a huge drop and will require dampers at some point...last but not least kwcoilovers...1800 gets you changable spring height and changable damper rate...from .8 to 2.0.

as of yet no dampers.....so not really much to talk about...various talk but nothing as of yet....

hope this helped a little bit...any more questions, give a holler back.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I appreciate your help godaddygo, from what i've been reading you're a big help to all. Do you have sway bars, or would you really need them since you are 2" lowered all around, in my case would sway bars hotchkis bars be beneficial? and would they work with the mopar springs? I've notice on these manufacturers websites they have these products for magnums, i'm guessing these would also fit the charger? Thanks again for you help.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
actually the mopar springs are the 300c/charger springs...the mag. has a completely different mopar spring setup....the 300c mopar springs don't sit right for the mags. in the rear end. anyway, i think the swaybars in the rear will help a little bit with my drop but the drop did help alot with cornering. i think if you went with the mopar springs and the swaybars you would love the look, the suspension drop wouldn't be so "intrusive", and the swaybars would tighten you up on the corners.

oh sorry and the eibach springs for the 300c and mag. fit the charger perfect although i have heard/seen that they are making a prokit for the charger only....still not available though.

anything else i can help you with...let me know. if i don't have the answer i can find it for ya.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
not a problem....let me know how everything works out for you and what direction you go with.

godaddy (sometimes my daughter adds the extra "go" at the end - so it's all good)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What about getting from a dodge dealer the shocks and springs fitted for a Daytona or SRT-8 model? I'm guessing it wouldn't lower the car? and would it be as stiff as the mopar springs. Also if I did go with the mopar springs would I need to replace the stock shocks?

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
i don't think the daytona is any lower than the r/t....just not sure. the srt8 however is suppose to be 1/2" to 1" lower than all chargers...not sure if they are interchangable.........i want to know that same thing.

as far as stock shocks...nope. unless you have the r/t package....the r/t package has the load bearing shocks that will push back to stock height...if you don't have the r/t package than no you don't need to change the shocks......esp with the mopar springs...the are designed to go with the stock shocks.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts