Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys i just bought a set of srt rims from a fellow member and i love em on my daytona, now i dont know what to do, see, the thing is everytime that i back up and turn my wheels i hear this horrible noise coming from my tires, like is hitting the inside panel of my car, what should i do?
should i remove that panel? should i buy spacers? and if so, what sizes? 3" front 5" back?, i dont know what to do please help
thanmks in advance.
Also a friend of mine got in his 05 magnum lowering springs but he doesnt like em so im thinking of getting it from him, what else do i need to get besides the lowering springs? mind that i have an 06 daytona, so if anyone could help i would really appreciate it.
Thanks again people

Izzy

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Your probably hitting the long arm contol arm.
Take off your rim and see where its shiney.
If it is indeed hitting the control arm, a 3mm spacer should do the trick

Are the rims you bought stock SRT8 rims???
If so, than no need to check, a 3mm spacer WILL do the trick

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah they are stock, thanks dude, what about the rear tires? 3mm or 5mm? what do you think, someone told me that it would be better 3 in front and 5 what do you think, thanks again buddy

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
3mm in front, nothing in back. Ya got plenty of clearance back there. I too have an RT with the SRT wheels and went this route.
For future reference, you can even put wider tires on the rears if ya want.
I just bought a new set of tires and stuck with the 245's in the front, but bumped the rears to 275.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks bud, have you lowered your ride too? and if yes any advice for me?

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
thanks bud, have you lowered your ride too? and if yes any advice for me?

I've had two LX's.
Originally a Magnum RT I lowered with Mopar lowering springs. Made her look swet, but the handeling just wasnt there. Plus she got a bit bumpy after a few thousand miles.

My advise is what I did to my charger..
Find a set of SRT8 take off suspension pieces(Front struts, rear shock and springs).
Lowers the car about 1/2" to 3/4" and improves handeling dramatically!!

Here is a shot with my SRT goodies

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wow you car looks sick man, nice ride wow, and hey those are my wheels too, lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts