Charger Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting a new grille for my Charger and had a question about the install. The 2 screws in the center seem very easy to remove and I have a screwdriver I have tested out on those and will work like a charm. My question is.. what kind of tool are you guys using to get those 2 screws on the sides out? Those things are a PITA!

·
Registered
869 Posts
I am getting a new grille for my Charger and had a question about the install. The 2 screws in the center seem very easy to remove and I have a screwdriver I have tested out on those and will work like a charm. My question is.. what kind of tool are you guys using to get those 2 screws on the sides out? Those things are a PITA!
I used a ratchet screwdriver and others are also using a thumb screwdriver <--- not sure what that one looks like.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I used the same screwdriver on all 4 screws but I had to take of that plastic wind thing that runs down each side of the radiator. It basicaly has a pop of plastick piece that pops out on the top. and on on the bottom of the car. anyway if it stops raining i'l PM you some pics.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I used a screwdriver that I bought at Home Depot. The head is at a 45 degree angle to the handle, so it fits pretty good. You can't get much leverage though (not alot of room to move), so it may take awhile. Good luck..

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Go to Sears, or any tool store, and ask for a "thumb driver." I got one at Sears for $1.99. It can attach to a socket wrench, or you can just use the piece itself (the edges are usually diamond-cut for better gripping).

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
go to a hardware store and ask for a ratcheting screwdriver (the one with adjustable heads) because its a little longer than the other one, it will work like a charm... those 2 screws are the most annoying thing on this car to get off!

buy some band-aids for your fingers too... :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts