Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Dodge Charger Daytona I put a flowmaster force 2 catback exhaust system on it around 6 years ago now my mufflers are rusted and one has a rattle to it I’m going to order new mufflers the ones on there I believe are the super 40’s would it be ok if I went with the super 44’s in place of them?if so will I gain any more power? Will it sound better? Is this a good choice? just to note I have hi flo cats as well and the system has the flowmaster resonators on it. As always thanks for the help

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
I don't know if you will gain any significant HP/TQ but below is a link to some Flowmaster sound comparisons ... including the 40 Series and Super 44s.
The biggest HP/TQ gain, for the exhaust changes you have already made, will be headers and a custom tune.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Louder yes, should fit, any more horsepower no.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Look I just pieced that system together and I use the super 50s it's a tight fit underneath my 2015 but it is doable did increase the sound slightly when you just cruising but when you get on it you can hear a difference

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help I replaced them with the super 44’s it sounds a lot deeper to me also I’m guessing where they are new but when I get on it I smell a sort of burning smell Is that normal?

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
A burning smell after having new exhaust installed is normal. A lot of new exhaust parts have a oily coating that burns off after it gets hot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts