Charger Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased my 2012 dodge charger se and yes I am a female so I'm a little unsure of which exhaust to go with in order to give it a bit more noise. I've researched the flow masters, 44,40, and 10 and also the mangaflow 3xl and a couple of other ones, I don't want a whole lot of noise just enough to sound American lol! What do you guys recommend?

·
Registered
145 Posts
You sound like me. I want it to sound nasty but I do leave for work at 4am and don't want to wake everyone up. I have read countless threads and watched many videos trying to find a system I would like. I don't know if you want to do full cat back but Im going to go with Flowmaster Force II. This video pretty much sold me.

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
The FM Force II seems to be pretty popular to get a mellow sound, that is still an improvement over stock. Another option is to delete muffler (or swap for a glasspack) and leave the resonators on. Yet another option would be to leave the mufflers alone, and delete the resonators. You can check Blastin' Bob's for components to take the guess work out of doing either of those deletes.
The problem I had with changing the exhaust on my '10 was that, until I got it tweaked just right, it sounded ricey. Not an issue when I was doing it, because I was just customizing a set of stock RT pipes (common mod on that body style). I'd hate to have to experiment with an exhaust that I paid several hundred dollars for. With that though. It seems that if you don't go to big on the diameter of the pipes, it shouldn't sound like a Honda/Toyota.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I put Billy Boat on my2014 RT a few weeks back, sounds real nice, not too loud, and certainly no rice. Nice rumble at idle and no highway drone. Sounds real good inside the car with windows down while getting on it and people tell me it sounds good going by. I had Borla XS Pros on my 2012 SXT and thought it to be a bit ricey.

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
I put Billy Boat on my2014 RT.... ....certainly no rice......... ........... I had Borla XS Pros on my 2012 SXT and thought it to be a bit ricey.
The biggest difference is that the Billy Boat is on a RT (V8), whereas the Borla was on a SXT (V6). I'm not knocking the V6, I thought it was great, and certainly understand why people would buy it. I'm not that jerk who's all big headed thinking that people shouldn't buy them, and I would consider another V6 in the future. The only reason I bought the V8 was to spoil myself. I'm old enough that I'm in a place in my life where I can do that. Anyway, back to my point. I'm not hating on the V6, just saying that with the wrong exhaust it can sound ricey. The V8 doesn't suffer from that problem (probably because they don't make many rice burners with V8's). If you get the "wrong" exhaust the biggest issue you'll get with a RT is drone, where the main issue with the SXT (in my opinion anyway) is they can sound ricey. Two different problems, specific to the two different engines they're installed with.

Not to bash your response Skbarre. I was just pointing out that just because it sounds good on the RT, doesn't mean it won't sound like rice on the SXT. I'd recommend looking up some sound clips, and V6 specific reviews before spending the money.

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
I was just pointing out that just because it sounds good on the RT, doesn't mean it won't sound like rice on the SXT. I'd recommend looking up some sound clips, and V6 specific reviews before spending the money.
I agree with this!

You definitely want to look up some video clips of exhaust on a V6. The V8 will sound completely different, so you can't judge completely by that!

You don't want to spend money and get it on your car, then realize you don't like it!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Fyi... I put the Flow Master force II on my 2012 sxt, and I am very happy with it. I have an Airaid CAI as well so that helps with the sound a bit too... but good upgrade for the price... recommend flow master

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 9 of 9 Posts