Charger Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the part number for the airbag cover of the steering wheel? I outline the part I need in yellow. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,528 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't see it, thanks though. Hopefully I'm not screwed. This sure will make me an unhappy R/T owner.

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
this may be it... I found it in my LX parts manual....

1 COVER, Air Bag Module
1AF32XDVAB 1 D, E [D1]

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
this may be it... I found it in my LX parts manual....

1 COVER, Air Bag Module
1AF32XDVAB 1 D, E [D1]
I hope thats it! Thank you so much. It doesn't have a price by any chance?

By the way, Burn Notice kicks ass! :banana::banana:

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
I hope thats it! Thank you so much. It doesn't have a price by any chance?

By the way, Burn Notice kicks ass! :banana::banana:
you may want to look around but I did find this link... you'll need to enter the part # though... I would check with your dealer

http://www.makeitmoparparts.com/parts.htm

Outer cover, Outer cover
COVER AIR BAG MODULE
STEERING WHEEL »Steering wheel & trim
Dodge › Charger › 2006-2009
List Price : $163.00
Your Price : $130.40

burn notice does:rocker:

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the help! $130 is a lot, but the damage I caused to that area is a complete eye sore!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does anyone know if JUST the cover can be installed? Is it necessary to have to get a new airbag?

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I know there's a post by TBYDaytona40 buried in here somewhere from last year sometime about removing the cover, but I don't have time at the moment to sift through the search results.

Basically, it went like this (with my own additions): disconnect negative battery cable, wait 10-15 minutes (time for the airbag capacitors to discharge plus a nice safe margin), take a hair dryer to the airbag cover and carefully peel it off starting at the top, fix/replace/mod/whatever, reheat, put back on, doublecheck it's on right, TRIPLEcheck it's on right, reconnect battery.

EDIT: Went back and found a post of mine where I quoted him:

piece of cake to do. Use a 10 mm socket to remove the 2 bolts holding the air bag assembly in place. Once you move the airbag out of the way, use a small flathead screwdriver and push it under the buttons, and pry towards you. POP out they come. Tape off the buttons, sand the silver, spray 4 coats of color and then wetsand when dry. Couple coats of clear, wet sand again, and reinstall. The button inserts pup right out. Oh, there is a plastic cover on top of the airbag (It has the ram head on it) that has several little clips on each side. Press the cover IN towards the air bag, pull the cover away from the air bag, and slide it off. Then you can prep the cover and paint your silver ram logo if you like.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts