Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do i have to remove the wheels and wheel liner to install the spoiler or do i have to remove the whole front fascia??? Please help me out. This a must have mod for me also any painting tips for the spoiler??:confused::confused::confused:

·
Registered
129 Posts
No, you don't have to remove any of those. The only thing I had to remove was the undercarriage cover that bolts onto the underside of the fascia.

·
Registered
117 Posts
No, you don't have to remove any of those. The only thing I had to remove was the undercarriage cover that bolts onto the underside of the fascia.
Ditto. Install only took me half an hour. I got it prepped and painted flat black by my local aftermarket shop for $80 Canadian. I love the look of it!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Wait! Are we supposed to paint that? I'm just about to order one, but thought it was just a bolt on install - just black plastic. Does it have to be painted or is that optional? I know the trunk spoiler must be painted, so I ordered mine in flat black. But I haven't seen any "painted" chin spoilers being offered anywhere...

·
Registered
117 Posts
You dont have to paint it, but there were minor imperfections with mine so i chose to do so.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Wait! Are we supposed to paint that? I'm just about to order one, but thought it was just a bolt on install - just black plastic. Does it have to be painted or is that optional? I know the trunk spoiler must be painted, so I ordered mine in flat black. But I haven't seen any "painted" chin spoilers being offered anywhere...
It's highly recommended to paint it. I did mine myself in one afternoon with some black, satin finish spray paint. I like the look of the black on red, which is what I did. Getting it color-matched may be more tricky/expensive.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just got my order from Danko, cuda grille and chin spoiler. I odered it DECEMBER 4th! NOT IMPRESSED. The grill looks cool but had minor imperfections I had to sand out. I havent even looked at the chin spoiler. Customer service was kinda crap just so you know. Call the guy between 2-5 mon-fri. No internet at the shop, and came to find out my parts were ready weeks ago but they lost track of who it was being shipped to! quick to take the $$ tho!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Just got mine in the other day. I ordered it over a month ago and they wanted a sign signature and UPS only comes in the day when I'm at work so I had to drive all the way down there and pick it up. They originally wanted $55 for shipping, screw that I refused. I did the mock up to see what it would look like and it doesn't look like it fits to snugg and leaves a gap on the sides. Doesn't look like it fits or goes with the bumper.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Just got mine in the other day. I ordered it over a month ago and they wanted a sign signature and UPS only comes in the day when I'm at work so I had to drive all the way down there and pick it up. They originally wanted $55 for shipping, screw that I refused. I did the mock up to see what it would look like and it doesn't look like it fits to snugg and leaves a gap on the sides. Doesn't look like it fits or goes with the bumper.
Are you sure you got the SRT one? I didn't think the SRT version was available yet...only the RT

·
Registered
144 Posts
I just got my order from Danko, cuda grille and chin spoiler. I odered it DECEMBER 4th! NOT IMPRESSED. The grill looks cool but had minor imperfections I had to sand out. I havent even looked at the chin spoiler. Customer service was kinda crap just so you know. Call the guy between 2-5 mon-fri. No internet at the shop, and came to find out my parts were ready weeks ago but they lost track of who it was being shipped to! quick to take the $$ tho!
Danko is pretty much a one man operation...............so sometimes it takes a little longer to get things.........it can also be hard to get a hold of Mo if he is out in the shop working..........everyone I know who had bought a Danko product has been more the happy with the items, and the service.........

You just have to remember that this is not a large company with many employees or office staff to answer the phone........;)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Are you sure you got the SRT one? I didn't think the SRT version was available yet...only the RT
That could be a reason then. They didn't look too much different and I didn't realize the cjin would be so hard, I thought it would be able to mold right up to the fascia. Well looks like this will sit in the garage or if anyone wants it then it will be for sale.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Instead of using plastic rivets i used screws washer with nuts. It came out really good and its for good. A lot easier than using the plastic rivets since you will need a special gun to get those on....taking pictures of it now...post with pics coming soon

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
That could be a reason then. They didn't look too much different and I didn't realize the cjin would be so hard, I thought it would be able to mold right up to the fascia. Well looks like this will sit in the garage or if anyone wants it then it will be for sale.
Check out the SRT one, looks SICK!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a 2010 R/T with the factory chin spoiler, is the Danko chin spoiler different in any way or is it just a cheaper aftermarket reproduction piece ?
If they are bigger I would be interested in one
Anyone have some close up pics showing the differences between the two ?

·
Registered
144 Posts
is the Danko chin spoiler different in any way or is it just a cheaper aftermarket reproduction piece ?
If they are bigger I would be interested in one
Anyone have some close up pics showing the differences between the two ?
The Danko Spoiler is Not a cheaper aftermarket piece................it is well made and designed..........The Danko spoiler wraps around the fascia farther then the factory spoiler.........

and it does not sit lower then the factory spoiler, that is just an illusion.You have the same amount of ground clearance.......

The Danko Spoiler on my Buddies Daytona.....

My Factory Spoiler.......

Side by Side.......

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thanks Skullboy!

Thanks for posting those side-by-side shots! I have a Road & Track, so I've got the factory chin spoiler. The Danko spoiler has been on my mental list for a while but I've been thinking to myself "how much different will it really be?" y'know, like "will it be worth it?". Well those shots you put up have made up my mind. Looks like it jumped a few positions on my list!

P.S. I like what you did with the engine cover.

Thanks,
-Matt:bowdown:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts