Charger Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2014 Charger R/T AWD and I cannot find where to turn on the sport mode. When I click on the heated seat icon ( which is where the sport mode button should be), there is no sport mode button. Only the "screen on/off" button. Any thoughts? The car has every available option possible so I assume I am missing something. Help!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just purchased a 2014 Charger R/T AWD and I cannot find where to turn on the sport mode. When I click on the heated seat icon ( which is where the sport mode button should be), there is no sport mode button. Only the "screen on/off" button. Any thoughts? The car has every available option possible so I assume I am missing something. Help!
[/QUOTE
Hey there,

I have the exact same car and had the same problem. It turns out that even though the car has the option, that it isn't always turned on. I had to purchase a Z Automotive tazer for $250. It is very worth it in my opinion. The car is way quicker while sport mode is enabled. Also, you can use it to enable tons of SRT pages that the SRT8 cars have which are also super cool.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
I think for the 2014 model year the car needed the "29R Charger R/T Road & Track" option package in order to have the customer-selectable sport mode enabled from the factory. As Vinson30 said you can purchase a Tazer from Z-Automotive, that plugs into the car's OBD2 port, and let's you enable/activate the Sport Mode feature.

·
Premium Member
2,456 Posts
I don't believe my '14 R/T AWD has the Road and Track package, but does have -XG8P Sport Mode 2- on the build sheet.
I can activate it from the 8.4 screen.

Don

·
Registered
2013 R/T
2,326 Posts
AlfaOBD can enable sport mode and performance pages for less $ but the Tazer has more options like Line Lock (not sure how this is on AWD) traction Control Full Off with button long press and more.
If you lurk and post a want to buy across the three charger forums you might find one cheap. I did.

If you live in the N. GA area I would enable it for you free.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
The bad news is that if you don't have the button on your FUconnect, you don't have Sport Mode.

The good news is, "Sport Mode 2", as it's officially known, is no great shakes. It's a marketing gimmick; all it does is firm up your shifts a bit. It doesn't change your suspension calibrations or anything else. Most of us tinker with it for a few days when we first get the car, and then never touch it again.

If you really want to have that button with the impressive-looking crossed flags, you can enable it with either AlfaOBD or a Z Automotive Tazer, as has been pointed out upthread.

·
Registered
2013 R/T
2,326 Posts
It firms & quickens the shifts, a little, extends the shift points up to a little higher RPM, and will not go into 5th gear around town driving, you have to get near highway speeds.

Performance pages are nice to have the full instrumentation and time Time trials. Some will argue the time trials are not accurate but I have tested them and if off its not by much. Anyway, you can use them to see how much you improve your launching.

This is while idling in stop and go city traffic.

Speedometer Gauge Font Screenshot Auto part

Street tires @32 psi from a stop, Wavetrac LSD 3.06.

Font Screenshot Technology Electronic device Gadget

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey there,

I have the exact same car and had the same problem. It turns out that even though the car has the option, that it isn't always turned on. I had to purchase a Z Automotive tazer for $250. It is very worth it in my opinion. The car is way quicker while sport mode is enabled. Also, you can use it to enable tons of SRT pages that the SRT8 cars have which are also super cool.
Ok I will get one of these and try it. I will keep you posted on how it goes!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts