Charger Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2016 dodge charger sxt. How do I remove D O D G E letters in the back? Was it glued? Does it have holes? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Easy peasy

They are all stuck on with double sided tape park the car in the warm sun or use a hair dryer to warm the glue and then they peel off. I put tape down and used an interior plastic trim tool to remove mine

Attachments

·
Registered
938 Posts
Hair dryer, 30 lb. test fishing line and some Goo Gone will also work as will the suggestions above.

The newer the car is, the easier it is to get the letters and adhesive backing off.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
They are all stuck on with double sided tape park the car in the warm sun or use a hair dryer to warm the glue and then they peel off. I put tape down and used an interior plastic trim tool to remove mine
What kind of exhaust do you have? I like the blue exhaust tips.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
102 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hair dryer, 30 lb. test fishing line and some Goo Gone will also work as will the suggestions above.

The newer the car is, the easier it is to get the letters and adhesive backing off.
Yep I did this as well took about 15 20 minutes... Looks real clean too with tail light and reverse light tint...

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone for all your help and input. I can't believe how easy it is! I used hair dryer and a about 2 feet of yoyo string and lysol disinfectant wipe to clean it up. :)

·
Registered
192 Posts
Has anyone done this on an 11-14? Looking at mine, it looks like they are almost inlaid into the lens. So if I took them off, there would be a lower part of the lens where the letters used to be. Wasn't sure if that'd look silly or not...

·
Super Moderator
11,531 Posts
Has anyone done this on an 11-14? Looking at mine, it looks like they are almost inlaid into the lens. So if I took them off, there would be a lower part of the lens where the letters used to be. Wasn't sure if that'd look silly or not...
You are correct. The 11-14 models have a moulded lens that fits the letters, whereas the 2015+ is flat. So you would still see an indent of the word DODGE after you remove the letters.

·
Registered
938 Posts
I removed mine and prefer the empty indent to the chrome letters which look stupid on a Blacktop model.

I still have the letters and may paint them black some day but I like it the way it is. As long as you can get the adhesive out from the inside of the letters, it looks good.

Here's what it looks like on mine (picture attached)

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
25lb fishing line and scrub with soap and water or goo gone! The. Get Lamin x tint stickers;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
332 Posts
I removed mine and prefer the empty indent to the chrome letters which look stupid on a Blacktop model.

I still have the letters and may paint them black some day but I like it the way it is. As long as you can get the adhesive out from the inside of the letters, it looks good.

Painted you say...

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
I actually used a plastic business card of mine, gets off very easily. then after they are off use paint thinner and a rag to get excess adhesive off. Super easy no damage to car

·
Registered
11 Posts

I was searching the Forums specifically for this information so thanks for sharing this.

Taking this further on the 2014-down Chargers, I'm working on a retro '70 Charger R/T themed project. A good way to cover the D O D G E indentations in the tail lamp panel after letter removal could be to dark tint (or completely flat black) this center section and/or affix a plastic Charger script and R/T emblems to this same section. Depending on how much light is obscured I might do both. I'll upload pictures if/when I pull this off.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts