Charger Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:knockout:
I can't seem to get the [email protected]$ rear seat back out of my 07 Police Charger. The Service Manual only refers to a split 60/40 seat which mine IS NOT! It's a single piece and appears to clip on at the top.

I've removed the seat cushion and the lower nuts. I can move the bottom of the seat back forward and can see behind the seat. It looks like a couple of clips holding it near the rear deck but it won't lift up enough to disengage. I've looked from inside the trunk and there are no bolts from the back (that I can see anyway).

Someone help before I take to using "police techniques" on this freakin' seat!

·
Registered
907 Posts
on those clips (if there similar to the other seats) pinch in the clips -> <- that should allow them to come out... kinda hard to explain but hope this helps...

·
Registered
316 Posts
A butter knife worked best for me. Start at one side and pull back the cushioning on the top of the seat and slide the knife behind the seat. Slide the knife down towards the center. You will run into the clamp that is holding the top of the seat in. lift the knife up and slide it on top of the clamp and then push down. The clamp should release. Repeat for the other side. Be careful if you pull it out of the car, there are some sharp metal edges that will not leave a pretty mark on your paint or plastic on the inside if it scrapes (please dont ask how i know this :confused: ) Good luck

·
Registered
5 Posts
I used a long flat bladed screwdriver. Pull the cushion out and slip the screwdriver down and "feel" for the clip. Once you find it, push down while pulling toward you. It will then pop out..........

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
I used a long flat bladed screwdriver. Pull the cushion out and slip the screwdriver down and "feel" for the clip. Once you find it, push down while pulling toward you. It will then pop out..........
exactly what i used to do.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks to all for the help. I was able to figure it out based on 1Badass R/T's oblique reference <g>.

·
Registered
907 Posts
lol.... cool.

i'm glad you got it.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I have an 06' Police Charger which I RT'd. See pics plain white wrapper in this forums newby check in. Just curious why do you want to take the rear seat out?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.