Charger Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
you guys are the only forum i'm a member of, and i've heard of these problems coming up befire, so i figured i'd ask for your help. my parents own a 350z, and they took it in for warranty work, but the dealership decided to drive it for 150 miles during the 5 days of repair it took.

We have people at the dealership's signature that the miles WERE put on during their repair time, they just don't know where they were put on. The body shop (got new seats) that installed the seat is .58 miles away, we checked on mapquest, so that's not the issue.

The clutch feels a little weird since we got it back, i drove it, and so did my mom, and we both agree it feels slightly different.

what are our legal options/what should we do?

We got the signature, and we found a woman's business card under the seat
(the woman had no reason whatsoever to be near the car, she's the floor manager), and my mom made a big enough deal about it that a ton of people there realize what's happened, what's our next step?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
jesus, we just went to open the hatch, and there were RAZOR BLADES stuck in the hatchback

there's wholes in the back of it. wtf?

·
Registered
276 Posts
you guys are the only forum i'm a member of, and i've heard of these problems coming up befire, so i figured i'd ask for your help. my parents own a 350z, and they took it in for warranty work, but the dealership decided to drive it for 150 miles during the 5 days of repair it took.

We have people at the dealership's signature that the miles WERE put on during their repair time, they just don't know where they were put on. The body shop (got new seats) that installed the seat is .58 miles away, we checked on mapquest, so that's not the issue.

The clutch feels a little weird since we got it back, i drove it, and so did my mom, and we both agree it feels slightly different.

what are our legal options/what should we do?

We got the signature, and we found a woman's business card under the seat
(the woman had no reason whatsoever to be near the car, she's the floor manager), and my mom made a big enough deal about it that a ton of people there realize what's happened, what's our next step?
Ask them for an adjustment of the repairs they did and if that is not good enough then ask for replacement of what you are thinking of was damaged. It could be a he said she kinda deal. Is this a small dealership cause I just would not see somebody jumping in a customers car and driving it around like it was theirs. Dealer managers do drive demo cars but they are usually lot cars and not customers. As a last resort you could call Nissan North America and report them cause they do not want unhappy customers.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ask them for an adjustment of the repairs they did and if that is not good enough then ask for replacement of what you are thinking of was damaged. It could be a he said she kinda deal. Is this a small dealership cause I just would not see somebody jumping in a customers car and driving it around like it was theirs. Dealer managers do drive demo cars but they are usually lot cars and not customers. As a last resort you could call Nissan North America and report them cause they do not want unhappy customers.
it's a pretty big dealership, and we proof that they did drive it for that long, now they have to explain why/fix the problems

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
I would be furious if that happened to me. I'll have to start looking at my mileage when I drop off my car now.

·
Registered
149 Posts
In all seriousness if you know an attorney have them fire a few letters off. One to the owner of the dealership and one to the regional manager for Nissan. Return receipt. Detail all the issues from what you brought the car there for, to what the miles were before and after. Also any items found in the car keep in a baggy. Also include the clutch issue and any other abnormalities. You should receive some compensation for this. I had a garage in Manhattan take my car out while I was visiting clients around town. I was out for 6 hours in March. When I got back to the garage a quarter tank was gone and my car was up to temperature 14 miles added. I knew they were raising hell with my car when I got in it and saw the temp, but when I saw how much gas they burned in 14 miles on Manhattan streets I flew into a rage. Suddenly no body spoke English. I called the police and had them come down, they took pictures and wrote everything up and said I could get the report later that evening. The site of the police freaked one of the attendents out and he called his boss. The long and short of it is I had my car detailed, oil changed and gas filled with my $45.00 parking fee refunded. BALLS! I still want to punch one of them in the head for it and this happened in 06. By the way it was an 05 orange SRT-4. so they must have been ripping on it. Call the cops asap as well and lodge a complaint

·
Registered
584 Posts
I know it wasn't right of them, but what do you want? Apology? Repair corrected? Cash?

·
Registered
473 Posts
COCOBEAN has given the best answer thus far.

I know from experience, if we have a car (i used to be in service once upon a time) in for drive issues or something of that nature, we will drive it, sometimes to lunch or sometimes the shop foreman will take it home to see if we can repeat the problem (you know, the stuff that ONLY happens after long drives or first thing in the morning). However, if/when we did that, we'd get permission first. And if we used a substantial amount of gas for the repair, we'd replace it(assuming you weren't an ARSE, we'd usually do it at no expense to you). Now, if you bought the car from the dealership, a floor manager may have been there if the service department ran into a problem that HE/SHE may have to pay for. So, that's a possible explanation for her card being there.

All that being said, 150EXTRA miles on the car is 2.5hrs of driving. I can't see what they'd need to drive a car for that long for. Follow COCO's advice.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Same thing happened to me! Towbin Dodge has my TB for 3 days to correct an issue in the paint from when I purchased it. IT came back with 100miles, 3/4 tank of 91/100 ict mix gone, footprints on the ceiling. both car seats, side mirror and rearview mirror re-adjusted, a screw in the tire, opposite side decal ripped and the car a mess. ( I had just claybared everything other than the door and surrounding area they were to work on ). After confrontng them, they stated their paint shop was downtown (less than 10 miles each way) and fixed the decal. Everything else, they told me to blow it up my a$$.... Idiots, and I was gonna buy a challenger from them too. Guess I'll be going elsewhere.....

TB #3034 Flowmasters / Electric cut-outs / Brylcream Mod / Flashpaq SC 91 Perf / 180 therm / Viper Alarm / Clarion V765RX HU flip down DVD NAV MP3 / Tint / K&N CAI / Reversed Trunk Spacers / ESP Delete Mod / Custom painted engine cover / Waiting on Predator Diablo! Soon to come: Shaker Hood

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
It's stories like this that I point to when folks ask me why I never let ANYONE else work on my car.

I think I probably would have called the cops. That's pretty outrageous.

Best,

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lol wtf? no sh!t he wants the holes repaired and the clutch issue taken care of...fawk an apology.
haha seriously, i'd like them to fix the fazor blades embedded in the plastic and at least LOOK into the clutch. And an apology was given, and they owned up to all of it, but only after they ignored my mother for 2 hours and didn't answer any phone calls. I, a 16 year old boy, walked into the office and said that i wasn't going to let my mom wait any longer, and that we needed to talk. He admitted it happens, he's going to address the clutch/razor blade thing, as well as do his best to find who could have done it. We've also been told that ANY other problems that could have arisen because of the joy riding will be compensated for, and we're talking again on Tuesday as soon as he investigates further. He's a great guy, and he helped us a ton, and he says he'll talk to the service guys about ignoring customers.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Same thing happened to me! Towbin Dodge has my TB for 3 days to correct an issue in the paint from when I purchased it. IT came back with 100miles, 3/4 tank of 91/100 ict mix gone, footprints on the ceiling. both car seats, side mirror and rearview mirror re-adjusted, a screw in the tire, opposite side decal ripped and the car a mess. ( I had just claybared everything other than the door and surrounding area they were to work on ). After confrontng them, they stated their paint shop was downtown (less than 10 miles each way) and fixed the decal. Everything else, they told me to blow it up my a$$.... Idiots, and I was gonna buy a challenger from them too. Guess I'll be going elsewhere.....

TB #3034 Flowmasters / Electric cut-outs / Brylcream Mod / Flashpaq SC 91 Perf / 180 therm / Viper Alarm / Clarion V765RX HU flip down DVD NAV MP3 / Tint / K&N CAI / Reversed Trunk Spacers / ESP Delete Mod / Custom painted engine cover / Waiting on Predator Diablo! Soon to come: Shaker Hood
my guy was great, i'm VERY happy with the way he's treated us so far. It just shouldn't take having a penis to get the service guy's respect, they treated my mom like crap. I've lost all respect for them.

oh, and just in case the body shop was really far (My mom asked where it was and "none of them knew"), we map quested it. .58 miles away. such crap. so we've got them on that one, and it was ALL cosmetic warranty work, so they can't say they were testing the engine.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
In all seriousness if you know an attorney have them fire a few letters off. One to the owner of the dealership and one to the regional manager for Nissan. Return receipt. Detail all the issues from what you brought the car there for, to what the miles were before and after. Also any items found in the car keep in a baggy. Also include the clutch issue and any other abnormalities. You should receive some compensation for this. I had a garage in Manhattan take my car out while I was visiting clients around town. I was out for 6 hours in March. When I got back to the garage a quarter tank was gone and my car was up to temperature 14 miles added. I knew they were raising hell with my car when I got in it and saw the temp, but when I saw how much gas they burned in 14 miles on Manhattan streets I flew into a rage. Suddenly no body spoke English. I called the police and had them come down, they took pictures and wrote everything up and said I could get the report later that evening. The site of the police freaked one of the attendents out and he called his boss. The long and short of it is I had my car detailed, oil changed and gas filled with my $45.00 parking fee refunded. BALLS! I still want to punch one of them in the head for it and this happened in 06. By the way it was an 05 orange SRT-4. so they must have been ripping on it. Call the cops asap as well and lodge a complaint
we have EVERYTHING documented and signed, so if they try to back out, we'll call the cops, but for now they're doing good to make it right.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts