Registered
453 Posts
I been looking everywhere for answers and cantfind them.I have an 07
charger sxt.Is it possible to add at least 150 more hp and if so
how,what do i need to do or buy?Without NOS,not wanting all that yet.Me an
my best friend are having a Mustang and charger dual with each other,i
wanna show him a v6 charger can compete with his v8 mustang.Thanks so
much for your time.
I think you might want to pick on smaller fish, unless his Mustang is stock.

You're probably going to end up spending as much cash as it would take to just get an R/T.

I could be wrong, you'll get good advise on this board though. Welcome btw!

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
what year mustang is it?

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
I think you might want to pick on smaller fish, unless his Mustang is stock.

You're probably going to end up spending as much cash as it would take to just get an R/T.

I could be wrong, you'll get good advise on this board though. Welcome btw!
I know that's not the answer your looking for OP, but the Ciscokid has a point.

150 HP is A LOT of HP to try and gain on a stock motor that doesn't really have all that much out there for it. There's a supercharger out there for the 3.5L, but I'm not sure if the kinks have been ironed out of it yet. There's also headers, chips, exhaust, CAI, etc. Even with all that you'd probably hard pressed to get 150HP out of it.

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
I hate to be a bubble burster, but I have to agree with all them wise folks up there ^^^^^. Unless there is a VERY sweet twin turbo set up out there, you're buddy is gonna beat ya up all day long.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Well there isn't very many mods available for the v6s yet. You can get catbacks, headers, intake and jetchip. That might get your 25 hp if you lucky. If the mustang is one of the older ones with only 260 hp and is an automatic, it might be a close race.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Wait for the Diablo tuner, get the headers, and a full exhaust, get the supercharger and upgrade the bearings and pulleys, start stripping everything off your car inside and out for weight reduction and then pray he doesnt do any mods at all to his mustang and you might get one up on him. Good luck, the Hemi dusts the v6, and the Mustang dusts the Hemi so there really isnt much hope for it.

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
Wait for the Diablo tuner, get the headers, and a full exhaust, get the supercharger and upgrade the bearings and pulleys, start stripping everything off your car inside and out for weight reduction and then pray he doesnt do any mods at all to his mustang and you might get one up on him. Good luck, the Hemi dusts the v6, and the Mustang dusts the Hemi so there really isnt much hope for it.
a mustang does NOT DUST the Hemi. 1) it all depends on what year stang it is(only the new body style mustangs can hang and even so that is a drivers race) and 2)even the newer body mustangs can't DUST an R/T :rolleyes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts