Charger Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Hope you can help me. I noticed a while back that I had a puddle of oil in my Air Filter Box and the filter was soaked. I read that the PCV valve may be bad so I changed it. All seemed good for a while but I just checked it again after getting my oil changed and the same thing is happening again.
Anyone know what could be causing this and more importantly what the issue is. I would love to know before I take it too the dealer so I know what I am talking about LOL :) Thanks for your help in advance.

IMCHRGD from Arizona
2006 SRT8 - 56K miles

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
Hi All,

Hope you can help me. I noticed a while back that I had a puddle of oil in my Air Filter Box and the filter was soaked. I read that the PCV valve may be bad so I changed it. All seemed good for a while but I just checked it again after getting my oil changed and the same thing is happening again.
Anyone know what could be causing this and more importantly what the issue is. I would love to know before I take it too the dealer so I know what I am talking about LOL :) Thanks for your help in advance.

IMCHRGD from Arizona
2006 SRT8 - 56K miles
The issue is that when oil is being added to the engine, some of it is running down the tube that connects to the airbox causing the oil puddle you see.

This is common and usually happens because the correct funnel hasn't been used or oil is just being poured into the filler neck without using a funnel.

If you use a good funnel or disconnect that tube when adding oil to the engine, the issue will go away.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, it's really that simple. Totally Makes sense. I did notice they used a short funnel instead of one with a long spout. What is your suggestion for funnel. I had no idea that could be the issue. So do you think the PCV issue was not an issue at all and simply an oil fill issue? Does this happen on all cars or just a charger issue. Can't believe the oil guys would not know this :(

Frustrating but looks like I don't need a trip to the dealer after all :)

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
Wow, it's really that simple. Totally Makes sense. I did notice they used a short funnel instead of one with a long spout. What is your suggestion for funnel. I had no idea that could be the issue. So do you think the PCV issue was not an issue at all and simply an oil fill issue? Does this happen on all cars or just a charger issue. Can't believe the oil guys would not know this :(

Frustrating but looks like I don't need a trip to the dealer after all :)
It's very common on the Chrysler Engines due to the design of having the breather tube inlet in the oil fill neck. It has been discussed on the Forum numerous times over the past 9 years. I'm sure it wasn't a PCV issue.

The simplest answer is to remove the tube from the oil filler neck when adding oil (I always disconnect mine, even with a good funnel). Otherwise, use a funnel that extends at least an inch below where the bottom of the filler neck is....and add the oil S L O W L Y.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great Info and thanks so much, saved me a trip to the dealership :) I just took apart the box and cleaned the bottom of the box, yep full of clean oil. I guess after 10 years changing a PCV valve can't be a bad thing. Now that I have it off, any thoughts on putting a cold intake system on or just keep the factory box with a good air filter. Not sure the mod really does much in terms of HP or at least anything that you can feel. Thoughts?

IMCHRGD in AZ

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
I would drop in a high-flow air filter and call it a day. Adding a CAI will give you sound, but not much more.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the advice, that's what I thought. I usually put in a FRAM air filter or WIX, will that be suffice or what do you recommend. Thanks for the help, we charger guys need to look out for one another :) I still love my car after almost 10 years and plan to keep it for a long time.

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
Thanks for the advice, that's what I thought. I usually put in a FRAM air filter or WIX, will that be suffice or what do you recommend. Thanks for the help, we charger guys need to look out for one another :) I still love my car after almost 10 years and plan to keep it for a long time.
Those are stock air filters (not high-flow).

I would use a K&N drop-in filter. Green filter is good too.

I modded my intake tube and use a high-flow drop-in. Think of it as a CAI Airbox...

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow, that's great, Love it !!!! Where did you get that, it looks bad!!!!!!!!!!

Does the Hi Flo do anything to HP or Sound???

The only Mod I have done to my car is put a Billy Boat Exhaust Catback and that did make a difference in my opinion to not only sound but power!

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts

The only Mod I have done to my car is put a Billy Boat Exhaust Catback and that did make a difference in my opinion to not only sound but power!
Several of us built these a few years back. They provide increased airflow and reduced turbulence. They provide a little bit of power as a result...and they sound great!

You can do it yourself if you follow the instructions here...

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115086&highlight=srt+airtube+mod

·
Vendor
10,365 Posts

Another quick and effective mod is adding ACES IV to your gasoline. 1 oz per 6 gallons will give you more power, torque and economy as well. It is used each tank of fuel but well worth it when you see how it functions! Much more effective than an air filter change!

Here is a writeup:
http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101392

Regards,
Brian
BND Automotive LLC:driving:
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Another quick and effective mod is adding ACES IV to your gasoline. 1 oz per 6 gallons will give you more power, torque and economy as well. It is used each tank of fuel but well worth it when you see how it functions! Much more effective than an air filter change!

Here is a writeup:
http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101392

Regards,
Brian
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com
More power than what? Stock? I'd like to see dyno runs outside the margin of error please.

·
Vendor
10,365 Posts
More power than what? Stock? I'd like to see dyno runs outside the margin of error please.
Yes actually, more power than stock!

When you can expand the oxygen/hydrocarbon reaction at peak heat release with a flame front of 25 to 75 fps and then introduce hydrogen/hydrocarbon reaction at 5000 fps....yes, more power due to pressure wave.

It is very common to have a 5.7L VVT MDS Hemi pick up 8-10 hp and 7-10 ftlbs of torque.

From Ron380 on the forum:

http://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=418995

Audi RS6 4.2L Bi-Turbo Quattro:

http://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-b8-platform-discussion-128/100-octane-2806628/#10

CentralNJRT

"I've used ACES and Quantum Blue for over 40K miles. I've always defended Brians products here despite the crap I get for it. I honestly believe in his products. My uncle builds VW's and has always used Lucas Oil stuff. I started using ACES when Lucas Oil just wasnt really cutting it. Since then I've been very happy. I recently got the car tuned, but before the tune I noticed a pretty significant knock reduction from the canned tune when using ACES most of the time. I say most of the time because AFTER using ACES I decided to run a tank without it, just to see what changed. And while the knock did go up a bit it didnt go up to what it used to be. Poured some ACES into that same tank and saw the knock drop 1-2 degrees in some places. It'd definitely doing something though, as shown by my throttle body:

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130535

Also, people with catch cans have seen a bit of fluid reduction, has it completely stopped the collection in the catch can? No, I don't believe thats been the case in any application, but it does reduce the amount by a significant amount from what I've seen. I dont use a catch can, so I wouldn't know personally. "

Also, as far as the website goes, I see it's flaws for two reasons, first you'll notice that NO ordering is allowed through the website, Brian wants to talk personally about your specific application and where you live and find out whats best. Secondly, Brian's company does not first and foremost service street cars, it wasn't like that to begin with, his oils and fuel treatments were made for fleet applications, specifically diesel in the beginning from what I understand. Commercial, construction, or military type vehicles. He then blended some oils for his car and others, got it into some magazines which hes posted. Got it reviewed, then a member of CF who knew him asked him to start selling his stuff because the member enjoyed it so much, so Brian did...and from there it went."

ujokin2

"Well.... I guess I will place my 2cents...

I been using it for quite sometime....(over a year) prior to switching to 110, I use to mix it with the 93 OCtane and 100 octane race gas. I still add it to the 110 because I am that convinced of the catalyst abilities.

I am using Quantum Blue in my engine and started just prior to Bradenton. One thing that was noticeable was that I was not using up OIL like I used to. I make it a habit to check the oil level as part of the prep prior to making the first run of the the day. Seems with Mobil 1... I would have to top it off every 3rd event. I have NOT had to add a drop since the switch was made."

Wilsons World Record Run:

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207241

Ronin38 On this forum he is Ron380:

While I understand you have some skepticism with the materials, I have to tell you that I know it works because I have tried it! Thanks to the Diablo Predator tuner, I have datalogged while testing and compared 89 oct. fuel + ACES vs. 93 oct. fuel (with the proper tune on the Diablo). I have seen increases in gasoline mileage, smoother running, and a cleaner exhaust. These are not scientific tests, but they are an indication of effectiveness. It's also easier for me to find 89 oct. fuel, but get the benefits of the 93 tune, thanks to the effects of the ACES IV.

Did you see the results in the Stock Car magazine article? Like myself, they are not affiliated with BND, and posted the results they found.
I did some 250 hours of A-to-B tests on this additive about 15 years ago for an EPA report and found that in a worst-case scenario for the test engines concerned, ring and bore wear was axed by no less than 600 percent! * This is NOT a statement from BND, this is from Stock Car's testing nearly 15 years ago!

I talked to the owner, and the reason for the trade secret is that it's a Federal Trade Secret from the US EPA. Remember too that if there are no common chemicals, they do not have to list them. However, they still have to go through the CRF 40 process to make sure that it is not hazardous.....like analine or something like that. I have talked to the owner of the company and he says there are no metals, polymers, alcohols, or cheap petroleum distillates. The product doesn't even smell like oil at all.

When I pressed the owner for more information, he said it is a Synthesized Aliphatic blend of chemicals with 5 catalysts. They are both Heterogeneous and H.omogeneous in nature.

I have also seen dyno reports from a 2008 Dodge Viper V10 that picked up 13.2 hp and 15.2 ftlbs of torque, with NO other changes made to the drive train. So there is some testing besides my seat of the pants evalulations in my 3.5L Charger. There are a growing list of us on Chargerforums.com who now swear by the BND products as well.

I also understand that the owner (Brian) blends custom lubricants for some Miata racing teams. He is under contract so he can't tell me which ones. There is definitely something about their materials that we Miata people should at least investigate and not just brush off because they are a little secretive about their chemicals. Just my opinon.

I hope this was helpful for you. All I can say is, "I found this great product that really does what it says!" so I'm just passing along the info. to those I think could really benefit from it.

I hope that's okay. ;)"

Alextaylor29:

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f18/put-aces-iv-gasoline-additve-fuel-wow-269002/

BND Automotive Roll Call:

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158448

It goes on and on all the people have used ACES IV and our lubricants....even with World Records in Wilson's car....proving it works!

Even if you got the validity you seek, would you really buy any? I wonder Rob?:serious:

Regards,
Brian
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

1 - 13 of 13 Posts