Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here ever done the inertia premium big valve heads with a spartan plus cam (or similar mod), and if so has anyone deleted the mds and egr in it? Reason im asking is because im having an issue here due to lack of knowledge.
Do i need to buy the non mds lifters as well as the mopar block plugs for the mds solenoids? Can i just NOT install them and leave MDS intact and at the same time NOT lose any power?
FYI im in Southern California where we have strict emissions testing. I know when using the MDS delete option in the Diablo Sport Intune, it sets off the codes indefinitely, and that is a no go.
Also with the EGR delete kit that im getting, the egr delete option is unavailable for the New diablo tuners.
I SIMPLY WANT A SOLUTION (or more) THAT DOES NOT YIELD ANY TROUBLE CODES AND DOES NOT SACRIFICE POWER

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
A custom tune will handle all the codes.

282 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay now for the tuning, can a custom tune be uploaded to my car with the Diablo
INTUNE? But thanks for that information. Still need other questions answered.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
You will have to have a custom tune for the mods so while they are doing the tune tell them you removed the mds and and egr. From what I've read you do not have to change out the lifters but you will have to put the plugs in. Contact plumcrazydaytona(Dave) and he can answer all your questions. He runs inertia heads and cam and done his install.

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
Has anyone here ever done the inertia premium big valve heads with a spartan plus cam (or similar mod), and if so has anyone deleted the mds and egr in it? Reason im asking is because im having an issue here due to lack of knowledge.
Do i need to buy the non mds lifters as well as the mopar block plugs for the mds solenoids? Can i just NOT install them and leave MDS intact and at the same time NOT lose any power?
FYI im in Southern California where we have strict emissions testing. I know when using the MDS delete option in the Diablo Sport Intune, it sets off the codes indefinitely, and that is a no go.
Also with the EGR delete kit that im getting, the egr delete option is unavailable for the New diablo tuners.
I SIMPLY WANT A SOLUTION (or more) THAT DOES NOT YIELD ANY TROUBLE CODES AND DOES NOT SACRIFICE POWER
All right :bigthumb:

I have deleted both MDS and EGR. THE MDS solenoids remain in place no need to remove them, whith the Spartan plus you can keep the MDS lifters however you will want custom pushrods or the engine will sound like a sewing machine. Yes you can keep MDS and not lose any power.

Yes you can delete EGR, just let your tuner know. Using the block off plates will allow you to remove the egr and its plumbing. If you are getting your base tune from Stu at Inertia, just let him know and he will dial up the tune for you. Heck give Stu a call and tell him what you want to do and he will walk you right through the process :beerchug:

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
There ya go bro!

282 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yet again thank you plum

1 - 7 of 7 Posts