Charger Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All:

Took car into the dealership due to a loud noise the air conditioner is making. Told him about the rapid response on the coolant, and want to send the service manager the PDF. Can someone link ime to it ASAP? I can;t find it using search.

Also, here's something I haven;t seen on here. The air compressor (I think) is making a loud , high pitched noise when the air is on. Like a siren almost. Doesn't happen when the air is off. I was out of town, car was sitting for 7 days. Girlfriend took it to get out dog out of the kennel, and noticed the noise. Turned the air off. Back at the garage, I started it, turned the air on, still making noise. Went to get a flashlight after turning it off, noise disappeared. Did not run air on way to dealer this morning. Car is 07 SRT-8 with 3000+ miles, still under warranty. Any thoughts as to what this could be?

·
Registered
1,879 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

I gave it to the dealer, they checked it - no gunk.

Now, as to the squeaking, of course they could not duplicate it. The air compressior is working, and not leaking. Maybe the clutch was slipping? Anybody else have this?

·
Registered
61 Posts
I had the dealership look into the A/C making noise as well. It's this real loud noise but will go away once in a while. (Or turning the A/C off)

Of course it didn't make that noise when they looked at it. They told me if the compressor makes a loud noise occasionally it was normal. I'm not sure that is actually true but when it starts to happen frequently, I'll have them check it again.

Sorry I wasn't much help but I do have the same loud noise.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, at least I am not alone. I wonder what it was though. The car was sitting for a week (I only drive to work once and a while, and that is about twenty miles round trip). I wonder if something (moisture) on the belt was squealing.

Either way, I asked the tech to try and start it a couple of times throughout the day. Luckily, I (a) bought it directly from the owner not a salesman and (b) he knows I am an attorney. Usually gets me better service! :grin:

At least - NO GUNK!

·
Registered
137 Posts
It's rapid response transmittal number 07-026.I live on Vancouver Island and the dealer is in a relatively small city of 35,000.Soon as this number was quoted he read the transmittal and booked me in.The info is there for everyone it's just a matter of finding it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.