Charger Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, newbe here. I just bought some SRT seats out of a 2013 Challenger and put them in my 2013 Charger pursuit. After installing the seats I noticed that the seat heater is on on the driver side however I don't even have a switch to control it ....any ideas?

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
Steve:
It sounds like the wiring in the Pursuit does not match the seat harness. You may end up with a dead battery, or worse yet, a fire. I would disconnect them until you can run down what wires go to on both ends.

Don

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't know yet I haven't driven it. I just installed them and noticed the seats got warm. Do you know something I don't?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes my airbag light is on. And for some reason my code reader won't read the SRS. I read through that thread that you sent me and so the only thing that fixes everything is to de-skin the SRT seats and reskin them on the pursuit seat platform? There's got to be a better fix than that.

·
Registered
131 Posts
If you find a better way, let us know. I've still got the power seat frames from the 300 with Pursuit skins sitting in my garage. Believe me, if you read through that thread, you'll note that I tried a bunch of different things to get them to work but in the end, I couldn't do it. I'm sure it CAN be done but I'm not going to throw more money at the project. Of course, you could just spend an afternoon re-skinning the Pursuit seats and ride around like that until you figure out how it's done.

Greg

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wonder if a dealer could do some sort of a reflash of the computer to ignore whatever sensor is causing the light to come on. it must be something specific to the Challenger and the 300, because I put 2014 charger R/T seats in my other 2014 Charger pursuit and there's no lights on at all for some reason.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it would also probably help me if the code reader I had would read SRS codes like it says it's supposed to, but it doesn't

·
Registered
91 Posts
Maybe:

Greg
Blast!! I read somewhere else 15-19 challengers and chargers were good to go for a seat swap other than the fold up lever. I just ordered a set of challenger r/t seats still on the freight truck in route to me. Both model years 2016. Your saying I'll have the same issue?

Have you tried following the wires and swapping the pins in the plugs to where they are supposed to be??

there are so many more challenger seats to choose from. Charger seats that I wanted were few and far between.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts