Charger Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am thinking about doing a 3 year Lease for the 2014 Dodge Charger..

My question is this.. There has always been rumors and negativity surrounding the last generation of Chargers in terms of reliability.

You guys think 3 years 30-40k miles should be no issue right? I mean this is a new Gen with new Engines... so even if there is still issues, I don't think it will happen within the first 3 years?

This is a brand new 2014 Charger....it shouldn't be an issue for 30-40k Miles...

I'm hoping that it exceeds even that expectation so I can love it enough to just hop into the next gen in the beginning of 2017..........

Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
I'm not a fan of leases.. but thats me. I don't know where your getting your negativity in reliability from but its flat out wrong. You won't have any issues.

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
No problems here with the car, I know several people that are leasing..

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Hi, I am thinking about doing a 3 year Lease for the 2014 Dodge Charger..

My question is this.. There has always been rumors and negativity surrounding the last generation of Chargers in terms of reliability.
Based on what? Only problems I've heard of from the latest generation are Keyless Entry issues on early 2011's...other than that, I haven't heard of any widespread issues on any of the LX Cars in the past couple of years.

·
Registered
909 Posts
These cars are solid. There are no known major issues for reliability. Being that you will only have this car for the lease period, any issue you may encounter, because not every car is perfect, will be covered under the vehicle's warranty.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I've never been a huge fan of leasing either but with all the issues I've had so far (not even 1yr yet) with my '13, I'm thinking of looking into leasing. The pluses of leasing are starting to out way the negatives for me. Have you talked to the dealer yet about a lease? I'm curious what the deals/numbers are looking like. Here's a link that may help with reliability comparisons.

http://www.carcomplaints.com/Dodge/Charger/

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Well according to the above link, the 2007 Chargers were the most problem plagued. I took my 2007 in for the O ring replacement on the transmission and had a solenoid go bad with the blender doors in the AC. Other than the sucky OEM brakes, that was it. I loved my old Charger and have ordered another.

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
No issues with 50k hard miles!!!

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
As was stated earlier.....when you lease the car, it is under a 3 year warranty if anything goes wrong anyway, so you won't have to pay for it. I absolutely love my 2013 so far.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
As was stated earlier.....when you lease the car, it is under a 3 year warranty if anything goes wrong anyway, so you won't have to pay for it. I absolutely love my 2013 so far.
True but Dodge doesn't give free courtesy (rental) cars when you have problems under warranty.
GM is great for that as I have never had a problem getting a free courtesy car when car is being serviced under warranty.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
True but Dodge doesn't give free courtesy (rental) cars when you have problems under warranty.
GM is great for that as I have never had a problem getting a free courtesy car when car is being serviced under warranty.
Depends on the dealer. I have NEVER paid for a loaner car from my dealer, and I've leased 1 new car and bought 3 new cars from them over the years.

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
I was given a rental each time my Charger was in for warranty work.

·
Registered
99 Posts
OP, any update to this thread? Did you end up leasing? Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
OP, any update to this thread? Did you end up leasing? Thanks.
I'm making a decision this weekend.

This is my personal take on it after doing some research.

1-The Vast Majority of the Charger complains and issues seem to come from the older models prior to this generation. It seem like by 2013.. it got much much better.

2- The vast majority of the complains seem to come at 70k+. Which is meaningless to me if I'm doing a lease. Now I obviously want to buy out the car so I'm hoping that it's good until 90k.

3-If the current generation of Chargers really do have massive issues...the Banks won't give it lease deals of 250-270.. It will be like 450-500 because the banks will be afraid to lose money.

Overall I'm probably going to go with the Chargers.
I honestly feel like it's the last of the muscle cars in that it still combines both modern and classic into one big package. Guys like the Camaro and the Mustang have obviously gone away from the 'classic' aspects and is just basically American Versions of the Japanese Sports cars. (Except without the gas milage and the handling)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts