• #8. Ion 115

Votes: 4 2.1%
1 - 20 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
EDIT 5-4-2008:

I ended up getting a set of 20x8" ASA JH8 black-spoke rims with 255/45R20 Yokohamas ... see this post :

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1270193#post1270193

I've taken the top 3 wheels from my first set and added some other options that I like.

#1. Boss 318 black chrome:

#2. Sport Edition KV5:

#3. Dub Dirty Dog:

#4. Driv Royale - new option:

#5. Foose Nitrous - new option:

#6. Incubus ******* - new option:

#7. Forte F3 Signs - new option:

#8. Ion 115 - new option:

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
i think there might be some better options out there. just my opinion.
I am liking the Foose, but Silver cars are a tough color to work with (tougher than black anyway).

Have you thought about the foose in gunmetal gray... now that would be more unique than all the silver\chrome chargers out there....

worth a photo-shop?

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Have you thought about the foose in gunmetal gray... now that would be more unique than all the silver\chrome chargers out there....

worth a photo-shop?
Thanks for the pic ..... photochop coming up ...

Edit:

like this ? :

·
Registered
689 Posts
It is rare to see someone have so many different looks that you are trying to choose from. Most people have one or two looks that they are trying to with on their car and some of those wheels are pretty far from each other (as far as the type of person who would buy them). IMO if you have that many options you like, go with a safe bet like the Nitrous or ******* instead of something like the Forte that you may regret your decision 3 weeks after buying. Wheels are a hard thing to buy and be completely satisfied which I have learned the hard way before (am it can be costly when you change your mind on them). Good luck and to recap, I like the Nitrous and ******* - ******* if money is a factor, Nitrous if it is not.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Are you looking at 20"s or 22"s ?

If your looking for 20"s the incubus ******* is not available. I know because I was going to buy them until I found out they have a 60 day backlog. and are actually not in production as a 20 5X115.

So Instead I bought Venti V54 retro 20x8.5 (LE$$ than Foose, lil more than Incubus) (look's closer to Foose) http://customwheel.com/custom_wheels/product_info.php/products_id/1729

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
#5 or #6. Either one would be nice.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Thanks for the pic ..... photochop coming up ...

Edit:

like this ? :
Looks good, but the Charger silver is very bright, I stand by my choice (#5 chrome). Thanks

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
New chops of car with Sport Edition KV5 rims .. I really like these rims as they look like SRT rims (to me)

I'm especially proud of this chopping work:

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
New chops of car with Sport Edition KV5 rims .. I really like these rims as they look like SRT rims (to me)
Nice style. How wide are those rims? Please make sure you get at least 9in wide rims with 20's so you can put some meaty rubber on there.

Nicely styled rims that are too narrow still end up looking utilitarian. The GTO wheels are a fine example of this.

Good luck. Keep bouncing ideas around.

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nice style. How wide are those rims? Please make sure you get at least 9in wide rims with 20's so you can put some meaty rubber on there.

They're 20x8.5, perfect for 245 or 255-width tires.

Good luck. Keep bouncing ideas around.
Thanks, kinda like this? OK, so it's not wheel-related but the rims do look better with the rockers painted-to-match, don't they ? :D

Attachments

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
They're 20x8.5, perfect for 245 or 255-width tires.

Thanks, kinda like this? OK, so it's not wheel-related but the rims do look better with the rockers painted-to-match, don't they ? :D
Those look good. The original post had some strange drawing of those rims, so it did not get much interest. Looks kinda like a Mercedes knockoff wheel.

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Those look good. The original post had some strange drawing of those rims, so it did not get much interest.

I just updated the first 2 pics with better photochops.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'm diggin the Shylocks, not too many chargers running them, and they have a new/old school look. Foose is a great wheel but much too popular, they're everywhere. good luck with what ever you choose.

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm diggin the Shylocks, not too many chargers running them, and they have a new/old school look. Foose is a great wheel but much too popular, they're everywhere. good luck with what ever you choose.
Smehow these don't look as good to me as the Sport Edition KV5's above ... hmmm ...

Attachments

·
Registered
268 Posts
Maybe its just me but I think the Foose Nitrous and the Incubus ******* are just about the same wheel. Decent look but realise that style is starting to be pretty popular, almost becoming common. Your looking to customise your car so do something different from the rest of the crowd otherwise might as well save money and just leave it stock.

1 - 20 of 174 Posts