Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm a newbie here and it looks like there's a great LX community. That said, I just took a new job with a company that has a company car policy. Unfortunately, the list they provide me is very limited:
Chevrolet Impala LS
Chrysler 300 Base
Dodge Charger SE
Jeep Liberty Sport
Pontiac Grand Prix
I'm thinking the Charger (preaching to the choir) will be more sporty while the 300 will have a bit more luxury, but both being base models, I'm not convinced the 2.7L will be able to motive them. Also consider my paradigm: currently drive a BMW M3 (E46) but it doesn't qualify for the company car policy (4-door midsize)... I know that I will not be able to match it's performance, luxury, or build quality, but of the choices listed above, which would I find myself most comfortable in? Do the LXs have a flex fuel option? Help me decide! Thanks...

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Dodge Charger SE
:)

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Charger SE and no, we don't have Flex Fuel option.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
If it's the 2.7 I'd stay away from the 300/Charger although the other choices
wouldn't be much better IMO. Do you get to buy it and they reimburse? If so
maybe you could find an 06 on a lot as they all came with the 3.5, only the
fleet cars had the 2.7 in 06.

**Actually, looking at that list again I'd have to go with the Charger SE regardless.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
dang man. going from a m3 to a charger se isn't going to be very cool. what kind of grand prix is it? if its a gxp i'd go with that. but if its not then i dk what to tell u. i guess i'd have to go with the charger. could u buy an r/t and pay the difference? or does it not work like that?

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
i would do the 300-and if i'm right i thought i read some were that the 08's will be E85 flex fuel-the 07 rams are E85 already and the darango's and dakota's are also. check chryslers 08 web page on the 08 LX'S i could swear i saw that they were going flex fuel. i'm to lazy to go back and look so its all on you. the 300 gets respect at bizz meetings and out on the town and doesnt look so much like a rent a car-all the others look cheasy even the charger-the 300 some how can pull off the hub cap look and still look good.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
impala-and grand prix are totaly fugly and look like old 80's early 90's GM styling! and the charger fleet cars look like just that. but again the 300 fleet cars look pretty darn good still and the 300 hub caps arent bad looking-altho the jeep might be cool.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Only the Chrysler family of fine automobiles offers rear wheel drive.

My choice is if you cannot bump to the RT is to get the 300.

Much better when you go slow

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
impala-and grand prix are totaly fugly and look like old 80's early 90's GM styling! and the charger fleet cars look like just that. but again the 300 fleet cars look pretty darn good still and the 300 hub caps arent bad looking-altho the jeep might be cool.

dude the 94-96 impala ss is one sick car, looks and power :) idk why, but ive always had a thing for that year model

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Hi, I'm a newbie here and it looks like there's a great LX community. That said, I just took a new job with a company that has a company car policy. Unfortunately, the list they provide me is very limited:
Chevrolet Impala LS
Chrysler 300 Base
Dodge Charger SE
Jeep Liberty Sport
Pontiac Grand Prix
I'm thinking the Charger (preaching to the choir) will be more sporty while the 300 will have a bit more luxury, but both being base models, I'm not convinced the 2.7L will be able to motive them. Also consider my paradigm: currently drive a BMW M3 (E46) but it doesn't qualify for the company car policy (4-door midsize)... I know that I will not be able to match it's performance, luxury, or build quality, but of the choices listed above, which would I find myself most comfortable in? Do the LXs have a flex fuel option? Help me decide! Thanks...
Seriously, get the 300. It is your best option. It will be a nice, somewhat luxury ride. Also, with a tint, grill, and some nice rims, it will be looking very nice. Since it is a luxo-cruiser, nobody will ever expect it to go-fast.

·
Registered
708 Posts
300. More of a business type car. The others (except Charger, of course) shouldn't even be open for consideration.

·
Registered
202 Posts
That's gonna be hard losing the power of the M3. For a bit of cushiness, the Charger or the 300 would be the best, but the lack of power would definatley be noticable. The Liberty is a totally different vehicle, but I think the lack of power would be less noticable and it has a degree of utility.

My wife had a similar company deal. It was a lease, but they gave her a monthly max amount and anything over that she just had to cover. It worked out nicely. She got a nice car and only had to pay a fraction of what a normal payment would have been.

Either way, if they are picking up the tab in total, that's still a pretty sweet deal. Nothing like a free car, even if it is underpowered.

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
I say go 300. I never expect one of those to go fast, and almost laugh if they do. Thats like expecting a princess to carry a concealed weapon. Sure they COULD have one, but ya aint ever gonna see it.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
300.... you cant go wrong with it....

·
Registered
253 Posts
dude the 94-96 impala ss is one sick car, looks and power :) idk why, but ive always had a thing for that year model
Um, maybe thats why you drive a Hemi Charger. Its the only car made since that is even compareable to in size, power, and looks. Power of a vette, but you could take 4 buddies to a game and still haul a 45 gallon cooler of beer with you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Wow! Two pages of responses already; thanks all for your input. The fact that these are base-level cars to choose from makes it really difficult to maximize the driving experience, comfort level, build quality, etc. Thankfully, though, the company picks up all fuel, insurance, mx, etc. costs so it makes it more palatable for me. I investigated the 300 at my local dealer today (and got assaulted by 3 salesmen) and it's a large, imposing vehicle, but pretty distinctive looking. The interior looked well put together, but I couldn't get my hands on the quality of the materials. I finally got to see what the magazines were complaining about referring to the cruise control stalk.

They had Libertys there too and it looks as though the utility could be useful. Perhaps I could tow the M3 to an autocross with it? Ugh, the 17/22 mpg is actually worse. I got to try to minimize sending my $ to the Saudis.

I have seen some Chargers on the street, but none in this lot today. For me, the looks are pretty good until you get to the rear quarter. That character line doesn't do it for me, but otherwise, I imagine the interior would be pretty similar to the 300; the M-B parts should make for good driving dynamics.

I guess I could get upgrades, but any upgrades I pay for immediately become the company's property, so that's not a good investment. I'd probably get the most of what they give me, but look for bolt-on upgrades (wheels/tires, sway bars, shocks, K&N, etc.) from the forums...

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Mind if we ask you what type of job you're doing?

A 300 would be good if you're driving potential customers/clients around
A Charger if you're a salesperson (b/c a 300 would be too flashy)
I don't care much for the Impala, Liberty, or Grand Prix.

I know its not on the list, but what about a brand new Crown Vic? It's got a base v8 and it qualifies as a midsize four door. The 08s are only sold as fleet vehicles though

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
if its a company car and you still have your M3...id go with the jeep...4x4, bigger motor, plus you can really beat on one of them pretty hard and they will take the abuse...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts