Charger Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out on the town tonight about to head home, hop in the car put the key in the ignition. Here's where it should start... Instead it seamlessly goes from OFF to START. No clicks all the instrument lights come on like usual, radio etc. won't crank or anything. Turn the key back to off with no resistance, pull the key out and the car remains in ACC mode while key is removed. Meaning the ignition is in OFF but radio and odometer are still on. I need some thoughts on this one, I have been researching and my starting ideas are: starter relay, ignition switch or broken tumbler. She is sitting in the parking lot for the night, I need to get this fixed tomorrow so any help is appreciated.

Ps I drive a 2007 charger sxt(3.5L)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bumpbumpbump

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
You do know that just turning the key off doesn't kill the radio/odo, you have to open the door to completely kill everything. Next check is park and brake indicators, must be in park foot on brake to allow starting (not being a SA but if you knew how many call-outs I've been on for this reason only to find one or the other) to eliminate shifter try a neutral start by shifting to neutral and cranking it. Do you get the theft system red circle on the dash, might have lost the keys transponder. There are so many ways it can go but if the key still turns and things move (on dash) I wouldn't think the switch is bad, but rather a start interlock feature is holding you out.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Now nothing moves when the key is turned. Replaced relay began stripping the dash and now I turn the key nothing happens. And I cannont disengage acc mode, tried everything I could think of.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fixed, the ignition housing, about the same diameter as a pen, broke into 2 pieces at the very back, 2 hours labor and 1 new actuator and I was good to go. First dealer repair for me and it cost 530$... Part itself was 300

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
400 Posts
Fixed, the ignition housing, about the same diameter as a pen, broke into 2 pieces at the very back, 2 hours labor and 1 new actuator and I was good to go. First dealer repair for me and it cost 530$... Part itself was 300

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
awesome, thanks for sharing!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts