Charger Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 07 Dodge Charger that I just recently changed the ignition pigtails on due to the original pigtails had built up corrosion, which started producing a bad misfire. The car was running fine for about a week then the misfiring returned plus a whole host of codes. (Sorry can't remember the code numbers). I took the car to the dealership for them to look at it since I've exhausted my knowledge base of the issue hoping that they could fix it. They swapped out the PCM and let the car run for a bit then the misfire started again and shorted out the new PCM, according to them.

after doing some research and talking to a few friends I think that is possibly the engine harness itself that may have a short in it but I would like to know if the PCM itself can be shorted out from a bad ignition coil. Granted the ignition could that are in there now are aftermarket and only a week old along with new spark plugs and new bank 1 runner manifold.

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
Wehjr:
There should be a resistance (or reactance) value for those coils, and if so this value can be measured. If one (or more) of them is lower than spec, that would overload the PCM output, and possibly do damage. I would expect a misfire, and /or a trouble code for the troublesome coil.

Don

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don thanks for the feedback.

Wehjr:
There should be a resistance (or reactance) value for those coils, and if so this value can be measured. If one (or more) of them is lower than spec, that would overload the PCM output, and possibly do damage. I would expect a misfire, and /or a trouble code for the troublesome coil.

Don

1 - 4 of 4 Posts