Charger Forums banner

Help! I need new bushings for my Sways...

3K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  crhemi 
#1 ·
Has anyone replaced their front bushings for their Hotchkis sway bar? I brought my car to the dealer for a thump thump noise and they told me that my bushings are not bushings anymore, they're toast! So, does Hotchkis make a better bushing than they provide in their packages, or does another company make Polyurethane bushings for the Hotchkis set-up??? Please, any help would be greatlyappreciated. These bushings became toast after about 6000-7000 miles. I had them installed in June.

Tio

#4 ·
Thanks. I guess I could go that route... I'll try to contact them on Monday, i guess.

Hey, Dana...my dealer said that when I get my replacements, they'll install for free. Gotta love my dealer! I just got my front-under-the-engine shields replaced today...for free, too! I kept hitting into those darn cement parking things...my fault but they replaced them under warranty.

#7 ·
The guy who installed my bars used the grease that came with the sways...how long should the grease last?

#8 ·
How come it is only the front sway that is clunking?

At how many miles should i re-grease my front bushings, once replaced? They didn't even squeak...there was no indication that they would become toast, and not remain bushings!

#9 ·
I'd have to recheck the manual, but I think its once a yr. The grease is pretty sticky stuff, not easy to wear off. I have 10K on my set and the grease is still present. You should be able to see evidence of the grease around the bushings if the installer did indeed use it. Crawl under the car and check where the sway bar bushings, it should be clearly evident if its present. Its a clear color, looks like silicone.

Are you sure its the sway bar? Maybe its the tie-rod deal?
BTW, all the grease does is really prevent squeak from the polyurthane bushings. If it is indeed the sway bushing, it is something all us Hotchkis owners will have to keep an eye on.

#10 ·
What is the tie rod deal? Anyone?

#11 ·
Yes, call hotcskis. They have refised and added washers to the front bushings.
They sent me a new set (fronts) and washers to add as spacers.
Should be regreased 6-8 mos. depending on mileage.
Stay away from the cars washes that spray your under-carriage!

#13 ·
No, replacing the bushings is quite simple. @ 10mm heat shield screws and the 4 bracket bolts will drop the sways. remember to put the seam of the bushing faced forward.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.