Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short... I ordered my car on June 20th and it wasn't built and shipped until August 28th. Autorail is tracking it for me (doing a great job), but every update I get has the delivery pushed back. I was told originally I'd have the car in mid-August, then I was told mid-September. With my most recent update it shows October 4th. My dealer told me over a week ago that he would "hot ticket" the car which would rush the delivery. I asked another dealership about this and they told me it takes 3 days for the car to be delivered when you do that and I should already have the car if my dealership did in fact "hot ticket" the car. Does anybody know any details about this "hot ticket"??? I feel like I'm being screwed around. I'm seriously considering taking my business to another dealership, but I'd hate to have to wait and order the car again. Any info or advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!

·
Registered
322 Posts
- I have never heard of the "Hot ticket" thing. But, there seem to be a few Dealer guys on this site - maybe one of them can answer the question.
- I think that hemibates and "billybobr/t" (however those names are spelled) both work for a dealer.
- There's also a post from "DodgeInfoCenter", which is a guy from the Dodge marketing department -maybe he can answer your question.

You can "look up" their names and "PM" them.

- I'm not sure what I would do in that situation, but maybe you should just "hang in there".

Sorry that wasn't much of a help. But, I would "PM" one of the guys that I mentioned - just check the spelling of their names first (I'm sure I got the spelling wrong).

Brian T.

·
Registered
600 Posts
that stinks on how your date kept being pushed back!

·
Registered
630 Posts
Here is my experience. Once I my car was on the rail, the date between unload and delivery to my dealer was 6 to 9 days apart. Talked to my dealer and he said he would call the railyard (the depot where the cars come into) and have mine "hot delivered". He said this would mean that the railyard scheduler would mark it so that it was put high on the priority for unload and delivery. Ended up my car was unloaded the afternoon of the 15th and I was signing papers and driving it home 24 hours later.

Sorry that your date is keeps going backwards, but if your dealer is true to his word, as soon as its unloaded you should have it within a day or two. I also think it has a lot to do with the relationship that the dealer has with the railyard folk. If he's good with them, they work for him. If not, they'll probably ignore him and just get to your car when they schedule it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
SEDave said:
Long story short... I ordered my car on June 20th and it wasn't built and shipped until August 28th. Autorail is tracking it for me (doing a great job), but every update I get has the delivery pushed back. I was told originally I'd have the car in mid-August, then I was told mid-September. With my most recent update it shows October 4th. My dealer told me over a week ago that he would "hot ticket" the car which would rush the delivery. I asked another dealership about this and they told me it takes 3 days for the car to be delivered when you do that and I should already have the car if my dealership did in fact "hot ticket" the car. Does anybody know any details about this "hot ticket"??? I feel like I'm being screwed around. I'm seriously considering taking my business to another dealership, but I'd hate to have to wait and order the car again. Any info or advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!

Taking that long may be because of shipping damage. I would check the thing over very good for paint repairs or other damage. If it was repaired demand a big discount or kill the deal.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies everyone. I'm waiting to hear back from my delear today about the situation and see what he's going to do. Just in the time between my first post and this post, my estimated delivery has already been pushed back another day :cry:

Just to clarify, the original month delay is because my dealer screwed up my allocation and had to re-order the car. I doubt it has been damaged and repaired because autorail has been tracking it for me since it has been scheduled and built.

I think I may ask the dealer to throw in the regular R/T shocks for my inconvenience since I want to lower the car. They already took off $500 from the first screw up. Other than that, maybe I'll ask for a better warranty. I just want my baby home!!!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Small update... my dealer didn't have any more info for me, but I did ask for him to elaborate on "hot ticket". He told me that means when it gets to the destination port, it is marked to be immediately picked up for delivery to the dealership. Soooooooo, that's not helping me get it to the port any sooner. Apparently he has a call into the railyard in Maryland where that car currently is to see when it is leaving there for NJ.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
My dealer told me when I ordered mine, that they could do nothing to expedite build and/or delivery. They told me if I know someone . . .

Makes sense, since every dealer would want every order expedited, so they can get their money sooner. I work with salespeople all the time at work, and they:

{light humor tone ON here}:

1) Almost always lie about when they need something
2) Almost always are in a MAJOR hurry to get whatever it is that they want.

It's not they most of them are slimy, bottom feeding dishonest ba$tards, I just care for most of them and their way of thinking. I just can't understand the dishonest ones, why it's necessary to be dishonest.

{light humor tone OFF here}

1 - 8 of 8 Posts