Charger Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the inferno red Charger Rt and would like your opinion on what to .

My exterior is fine and there are no scratches but some invisible marks here n there that you can barely see by looking at an angle, Is it okto have it profesionally waxed and buffed or is that a NO NO for a new car.

Besides Tints and a Car cover what is the best thing to do for the interior. Should i Wipe down everything with armor all to protect it or use mink oil on the leather or maybe you guys know of something else i should use. Or do i just leave the interior alone and not add any lotions or whatever.

HELP please!!

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
badkolo said:
I got the inferno red Charger Rt and would like your opinion on what to .

My exterior is fine and there are no scratches but some invisible marks here n there that you can barely see by looking at an angle, Is it okto have it profesionally waxed and buffed or is that a NO NO for a new car.

Besides Tints and a Car cover what is the best thing to do for the interior. Should i Wipe down everything with armor all to protect it or use mink oil on the leather or maybe you guys know of something else i should use. Or do i just leave the interior alone and not add any lotions or whatever.

HELP please!!
I have the Red R/T also. I wouldn't buff the exterior nor would I put anything on the seats except perhaps a non-buildup type of conditioner for the leather seats. There are too many quality polishes on the market to protect the exterior which remove minor blemishes/scratches as well. Mink Oil is not something I would put on anything but my work-boots or baseball gloves. Mcquire's makes some great products for protecting your car. I am sure DC does too. I will personally be going with DC or McQuire (sp?) myself.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I had a car dealer friend of mine recommend this stuff from Griot's Garage. I ordered a bottle and will be giving it a shot when I get my R/T. Of course I'll be testing a small area first, etc. but this stuff comes highly recommended so it should be okay.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I've got an ugly scratch on the nose of the car, fortunately it's only in the clear coat. I had someone buff out the scratches on the bumper made by the trunk lid but it cost me 65 bucks. I'd like to buff out the scratch on the nose but I don't know what materials to get.
My charger's black... any recommendations would be great

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
:whistle: You can do anything in the buff in or on your charger. :whistle:

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Hell Driver, I think the dealer should have picked up the cost for the trunk lid scratches. That's a common problem on these cars.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts