Charger Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I paid off my SRT8 recently so I'm starting to think about adding power. I've only got a CAI and DMH low profile cutouts currently. This is a street car and dragstrips would be rare. Priorities in order are:

1) Stock driveability. No quirks. Daily driver.
2) Reliability.
3) Power.

I basically want power but not at a huge loss to daily driving. I drive this thing everywhere in the Pacific Northwest so I need a balance. I even have driven it in snow but the wife has a SUV if I had to. I love this car too much to give up driving it everyday for the sake of pure raw power. Help?

Ideas?

·
Registered
480 Posts
get the diablosport predator, huge performance upgrade, and you can reprogram it to be easier to drive in those Pacific Northwest rainy seasons...

How do the cutouts sound on the 6.1???

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
get the diablosport predator, huge performance upgrade, and you can reprogram it to be easier to drive in those Pacific Northwest rainy seasons...

How do the cutouts sound on the 6.1???
They sound amazing and I still have the option to sound stock. I do need to get a little gasket maker on there though. Slight leak when closed. But I only really close them on long freeway trips.

·
Registered
480 Posts
They sound amazing and I still have the option to sound stock. I do need to get a little gasket maker on there though. Slight leak when closed. But I only really close them on long freeway trips.
Oh I love the stock silent killer sound that I have, but i have a leak as well in the gasket, they have been installed for about 2 months only, same for you? try to get another gasket from DMH? i did, they never responded....

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh I love the stock silent killer sound that I have, but i have a leak as well in the gasket, they have been installed for about 2 months only, same for you? try to get another gasket from DMH? i did, they never responded....
I've heard and have noticed that it does help if you only open/close them after the car has fully warmed up. I notice they seal better but not perfect.

I've talked to Dave at DMH about it and he has been looking for better gaskets. In the mean time he told me to use Permatex Ultra Copper high temp rtv on it. I've got a tube of it but haven't got my car up on a lift yet.

·
Vendor
10,366 Posts
Upgrade the basics with ACES IV in the fuel and a good QuantumBlue Custom Blended Lubricant for your SRT8.

ACES IV is called Rocket Fuel For Your Car for a reason. QuantumBlue Lubricants really release more power from the reduction in internal friction.

Our 6.1 saw 19 hp and 31 ftlbs of torque from our ACES IV and QuantumBlue at Akron Horsepower.

Once the foundation is good, it will affect any and all other modifications you choose to do as fuel and oil are cornerstones on performance and longevity.:beerchug:

Thanks
Brian
BND Automotive LLC:bigthumb:
440-821-9040

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
HHP stage II package.....as far as i know its the best for the money and reliability. 100 extra horses...so 525 for your srt!

·
Premium Member
15,804 Posts
There are guys here that run FI and even 426's as daily drivers. I guess how comfortable that set up would be depends on your tastes. Doing both together in a grocery getter might be a bit much. :D

·
Registered
180 Posts
My mods didn't cost that much in total, make the car an animal (you are going to have to get lines up against some pretty major cars to get beat on the street), and totally daily driveable. I still get 25 mpg. If this was my daily driver, I'd do everything the same except the cam...would have gone with a Spartan on a still wide LSA. Even thou the idle is pretty smooth on my SRT Max on a 115 LSA...I would go Spartan.

·
Registered
741 Posts
How much more power do you want ? lets start there

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
My mods didn't cost that much in total, make the car an animal (you are going to have to get lines up against some pretty major cars to get beat on the street), and totally daily driveable. I still get 25 mpg. If this was my daily driver, I'd do everything the same except the cam...would have gone with a Spartan on a still wide LSA. Even thou the idle is pretty smooth on my SRT Max on a 115 LSA...I would go Spartan.
I gotta call BS on getting 25MPG out of a SRT8 with these mods.

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
And if you can afford it, I would stroke the thing.

If you just want to stick to bolt ons, then just throw on the Predator, 180 t-stat and some of the other typical stuff. Personally I think the suspension is the weak link on the SRT8, thats why I put most of my money into that. A stroker would be nice (or supercharger or turbos) but not on my daily driver. Suspension won't blow up like a 6.1L with a blower and the wrong tune.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
How much more power do you want ? lets start there
As much as I can while still retaining a daily driver feel and reliability. So I'm trying to avoid any quirks or major traction issues. I'd like it to be similiar to how it is now around town but really feel it when I lay into it. Personally I'd like to get from 425 to over 500 but I don't know if that will work given my criteria.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I gotta call BS on getting 25MPG out of a SRT8 with these mods.
Sorry bud - Set the cruise @ 115km/hr and drive back to Sask. I've made the trip twice now, and each time has had the same result...via manual calc and EVIC...

·
Registered
180 Posts
As much as I can while still retaining a daily driver feel and reliability. So I'm trying to avoid any quirks or major traction issues. I'd like it to be similiar to how it is now around town but really feel it when I lay into it. Personally I'd like to get from 425 to over 500 but I don't know if that will work given my criteria.
ZERO issues with my set-up...no difference from stock...just way more fun. I'm way over 500 HP...probably closer to 550 HP crank / 460 RWHP.

What you are asking for is EXACTLY what I wanted...only not being daily driven I went to the SRT Max cam. This thing is very tame, and will still eat virtually anything you meet on the street

·
Registered
306 Posts
Dan

I went with the supercharger route with my Super Bee and must say the driving manners of the car is awesome. The car feels basically stock til you hit he gas or 3000rpm's then the car pulls hard. I know everyone has there own opinions on supercharger stock 6.1 and I believe that a tuner is everything when it comes to power and life of the motor but if you keep it simple and low boost say 6lbs you will see the 500+ to the tire and will be a great daily driver!!

Mike

1 - 16 of 16 Posts