Charger Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
716 Posts
The best way to go about custom tuning the car's engine is to take the current (stock) tune and send it to a professional tuner person, along with some datalogs of its operation and pay them to modify the tune to suite your particular application. They will send the modified tune back to you to load into the car and test out. You'd operate the car some more and record more datalogs to send back to the tuner person, allowing them to see how well their changes were received and what further changes, if any, were required.

Rinse, repeat, until they are satisfied there is no more to be done.

That approach does require that the customer has a way to save/load tune files onto the car's computer and record datalogs of its operation to see what is going on inside engine.

Normally one of tbe handheld tuner devices will work for the tune loading/saving and datalogging steps, with DiabloSport offering several models for sale that would work. All should also have the ability to output and save datalogs of engine operation.

Besides the email/manual approach described above, there is the traditional method available as well, if you can find a place that does it locally.

That involves just dropping car off somewhere that has the tools and knowledge to do a custom tune, and them doing it and giving the car back once done.

There a couple of supporting vendors here that offer the email tuning, but you will need to buy a handheld tuner yourself first.

I don't know what's available locally as far as the other method goes, you'll just have to ask around to find out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I do have the diablo predator 2 platinum an talking with hemi fever .com but have to get back to them monday morning for custom tunes for shift points an more torque when shifting
Thanks again

·
Premium Member
716 Posts
They can reduce torque management during shift events, which will help with how the transmission feels when going through the gears, but I do not believe the actual commanded shift points can be modified via the ECU tune.

Firming up the shifts under high engine load is about the extent of what control a custom tune can offer AFAIK.

If you want to modify the actual RPM at which the shifts occur, you will need to access the TCM and make changes there I believe. Something like the TranZformer device is the tool to use for that. Ive had one on a previous Challenger v6, and i loved that thing. Lots of functionality, boatloads of options, and worth every penny of its cost IMO.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts