Charger Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got back from installing my jba high flow cats and was driving back and the esp/bas came on. so i pulled over restarted my car and it came back again. i installed the R/Tjunkies esp mod write up like 7months ago but never mounted my switch ( just had it tucked away under my console) well last friday i drilled a hole for it to mount nicely in my console. i may have tugged on it a bit to get it to mount correctly. Do u think the wires just wiggled loose? also when i installed my cats today i forgot to disco the battery and the damn starter kept sparkin' all over the place so i went ahead & discod my battery. u think this could have caused the light come on?

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone...........?

·
Registered
230 Posts
check your wireing on the switch first.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
You know, when I installed my NoESP mod, the ESP/BAS light remained on even when I restarted the car...after a day of driving, it went off...I figured the computer learned something.....

Sorry I can't be of any real help....

Good Luck,
-Mark

·
Registered
522 Posts
The pulling of the wires seems pretty likely, because if they are not completing the circuit, the ESP/BAS is disabled, just like closing the circuit with the switch. Also you could have shorted the Front Control Module or the ABS Computer, I had this problem when I switched engines. Where do you live?

·
Registered
522 Posts
Nevermind, I see you live in the redneck riviera, I used to be a cop there. I can put you in touch with someone at DCX if necessary.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
shorted the front control module/ABS computer?! i pray that i didnt do that.......how much is it gonna cost to get that fixed? and how do i explain that to the dealer? um i kinda shorted my cpu when i installed my high flow cats! i'll check the switch this weekend....hope this is the fix

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nevermind, I see you live in the redneck riviera, I used to be a cop there. I can put you in touch with someone at DCX if necessary.
this isnt by choice!.....active duty air force, yeah if the switch doesnt fix it i'll send u a PM

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Because you disconnected the battery, you need to reset it. It explains how in the manual. Start the car, turn the wheel full left, then full right and drive off. It will reset if that was the problem. Otherwise, it's probably the wires you tugged on. Let us know.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i'll go try that now.................

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
just got back....................it worked! did just what u said jackiert. Thanks! :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts