Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, yep I'm blonde but not too dumb (lol) , just need help with this car stuff. I am wondering if anyone has had a set(2) of magnaflows installed on their v6 as a dual exhaust system? I am still trying to figure out the differences between this setup and the other where there is one muffler with dual in/dual out ....someone please explain this to me

Attachments

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have two magnaflows installed on my 3.5L V6. I was actually going to do the two in-two out like Bigfuzz. I had bought the muffler and tips off ebay (samw part numbers and everything). When I went to the muffler shop which I was recommended to on here, the guy said he has never seen the one muffler set up like Bigfuzz. I had printed out the pictures to show how I wanted it. He took me outside under my car and said how if this was done then it would be a pain in the butt to do any kind of work on the drive shaft and also pointed out how the two pipes would be right next to this rubber seal near the rear differential where the drive train connects.

After seeing this and not really wanting to have to take the exhaust off if I ever had to do drive train work I went with the dual single in single out mufflers and it sounds good.

I would post pics and audio but I just got out of college and dont have a digital camera or anything to record with (I'd rather be buying mods for my ride :grin: )

Hope this helps you out.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ROBHODGE thanks, yes, I like the way mine sound too and my muffler guy pointed out several reasons to do the true dual exhaust also. So do your pipes go into the two seperate mufflers side by side and then come out and go back to the back with tips on the end and no resonators? anyone else have this setup?

·
Registered
136 Posts
ROBHODGE thanks, yes, I like the way mine sound too and my muffler guy pointed out several reasons to do the true dual exhaust also. So do your pipes go into the two seperate mufflers side by side and then come out and go back to the back with tips on the end and no resonators? anyone else have this setup?
Yea thats pretty much exactly how mine is setup

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Take this with a grain of salt, but I think the reason many V6ers (us included) alter the exhaust is mainly for sound/looks. I don't think there is any measurable performance gain. We choose to to a single in, dual out which fills in the back exhaust cut out with a muffler tip. We didn't see the need for the extra $$. Others have chosen true duals ...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts