Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be cleaning up my tail pipes they are built up good with carbon. what will work to clean them?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Vendor
10,365 Posts
I will be cleaning up my tail pipes they are built up good with carbon. what will work to clean them?

ACES IV with a brush makes a great stride in cleaning them up.

If they are chrome tips, then use Wenol. Best stuff I don't make! LOL.:beerchug:

Regards,
Brian
BND Automotive LLC:driving:
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will try that should it be a stiff brush
And I do have wenol

·
Registered
2,659 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
Warm water and an SOS pad, best cleaner ever for stainless steel
Yep. But it's hard to get the nooks and crannies on the inside between the pipe and the tip. That's where a spray to dissolve soot like WD-40 comes in handy.

·
Vendor
10,365 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
I haven't cleaned the ones on the Charger yet but in the past I have used a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser to get the gunk off the outside. They are pretty awesome on just about anything.

·
Super Moderator
11,618 Posts
I usually start with an aerosol stainless steel cleaner and a rag followed by polishing with NVR-DULL.

Brings them back to like new look every time.

Warm water and an SOS pad, best cleaner ever for stainless steel
That's a good way to scratch the hell out of them.

ACES IV with a brush makes a great stride in cleaning them up.
You've got to be kidding me...

·
Super Moderator
11,618 Posts
Then you have never tried it, the SOS pads are designed not to scratch and leaves them looking like chrome
Yeah; I've never cleaned anything with an SOS pad in my life. :rolleyes:

Trust me an SOS pad, and even those plastic scrubbing pads like the mr clean ones will leave major swirl marks and scratches.

NEVR DULL is the easiest and safest way to clean them.

·
Vendor
10,365 Posts
You've got to be kidding me...
No, actually I am not. ACES IV gets the carbon off things much better than any other cleaner. Remember it contains a combustion chamber cleaner so it will work well on the residue made by a combustion chamber. It isn't a polish but does do a great job on any carbon.

Regards,
Brian

·
Premium Member
5,531 Posts
Yeah; I've never cleaned anything with an SOS pad in my life. :rolleyes:

Trust me an SOS pad, and even those plastic scrubbing pads like the mr clean ones will leave major swirl marks and scratches.

NEVR DULL is the easiest and safest way to clean them.
I agree, the reason I know is because I've used them on stainless steel pots and pans...swirl marks galore!

I really gotta check out the NEVR DULL, right now I'm trying to use up Mother's chrome polish so I can get some, it works pretty well but doesn't quite get everything off.

·
Registered
145 Posts
All I can say is I've used the Mr Clean Magic Erasers on everything from scuff marks on door panels to tar on rocker panels. It is an abrasive so I'm sure it left something but nothing you can see without a microscope

·
Super Moderator
11,618 Posts
I used a mr clean magic eraser on Mrs Flex's stainless steel kettle and scratched the hell out of it.

So glad I wasn't silly enough to try that on my exhaust tips.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I used a mr clean magic eraser on Mrs Flex's stainless steel kettle and scratched the hell out of it.

So glad I wasn't silly enough to try that on my exhaust tips.
I literally just went outside with a magic eraser, got on the ground, and scrubbed the tips on my mustang to make sure I'm not full of BS. Yeah, no scratches. I'm about to leave but I'll try to make a video or pictures or something :beerchug:

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
Good fuel, none too high than your tune,or Aces in your fuel will keeep the insides clean longer, just take a soft blue shop towel and wipe off the carbon that is lifted.
never had to clean the outside... when i do i will try pb blaster or wd40... how about coca cola or pepsi?

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Ever since I went catless the carbon on my tips is insane, even with ACES.

I use WD-40 and I really have to put some elbow grease into it to get those suckers clean. I need to try some of this NevrDull stuff.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts