Charger Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my car has been parked for the last 2 months and I haven't started it in about 3 weeks maybe even a month (I didn't think the battery would die, boy was I wrong). My remote for the car doesn't work at all and it's an 08 so it doesn't have a key to start, nothing shows up on the dash at all either. So I hooked up jumper cables and thats when my remote started to work and the lights on the dash started to work as well. I turned the crank and all that happened was a little click noise (the noise you hear before it actually starts), so it didn't start. Waited another 5-10 mins and tried it again and still did not work. I would have waited a little longer and tried again but I was in a time crunch and had to get going. Any advice on why this is happening what be greatly appreciate. Could it be that I didn't let it charge for a long enough time before trying to start?

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Sounds like your battery is dead, you need to put it on a slow charge or replace it.

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
yep, gotta let it charge a lot longer unless you jump start. Jump start can be hard on both cars.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So if I hook up the jumper cables and let it sit there for a while it will work? How long do you think? If this doesn't work I'll take the route of a new battery but I'd rather save the money for some mods haha

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
jumper cables will allow it to immediately start

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I tried that and it didn't start. It just made a click noise like usual just before it starts, but didn't start. So I'm guessing new battery it is lol

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
How many miles on the car ?

If less than 36k, it should be covered under warranty, I would think ;)

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
only 13,000 and I totally forgot about warranty, so glad I didn't have time otherwise I would have already ordered it off ebay LOL. thanks man

·
Registered
268 Posts
Sounds like the battery died and won't hold a charge.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea im assuming thats what happened, but it starts now :D. I hooked it up with jumper cables and tried to start it, it didn't work; waited about 15-20 mins, gave it another shot and it worked

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
battery problem dude, no doubt

·
Registered
232 Posts
Wow, I just had the same thing happen to me yesterday. Had my Charger hooked up to my wife's Trailblazer for 20 minutes and got nothing. Took the battery out this morning and took it to Advanced Auto and sure enough, it had a bad cell. Even with a 10% discount for being a state employee it still came to $134.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts