Charger Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, I know there is a TON of discussion on what the best tires are. It's so much to read!

I'm hoping to build a poll thread (I don't recall one before) that is the most concise listing of tires available. That way, anyone at nearly a glance can determine what the best tires are. In the poll, price isn't a major issue, since that is very easy for someone to find out anyway. Drivability in Chargers is the key. Sure, TireRack is loaded with reviews and such, but mostly on other cars - I wonder how much stock we should take in, say, a Honda Element driver who considers themselves a "spirited" driver, has to say about a tire. A silly example, but you get the point.

So, THIS thread is to just build a list of tires that fit, to create a list for the poll.

So far, I'm thinking two lists - all season, and three season. Maybe if the actual poll threads can be short and concise enough, we'll get it sticky and be a great, quick resource. So we can discuss tires away in this thread, and I'll try and consolidate and build a thread poll out of it (of course everyone can answer the poll directly with their opinion). Many polls start out with "you should have listed _____" - so, say it now!

Exact model if you have it. I'm not sure how to handle the sizes available, especially wheel diameter, separating wheel size would at least quadruple the list.

Does this sound like a plan?

Building the list (let me know of any corections):

Goodyear Assurance Comforttread
Goodyear RSA (Stock '07 R/T)
Hankook Ventus ST 275/40//R20
Michelin Pilot HX MXM4 235/55/R18 (stock '06 R&T)
Toyo Proxes 4's 245/45/zr20 and 275/40/zr20)
BFGoodrich g-Force Sport A/S

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
bump for a good question

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Ok, I just installed a set of Toyo Proxes 4's on my ride last week.
All season Sper high performace
Charger RT with SRT8 suspension and wheels(20"x9")
245/45/zr20 front
275/40/zr20 rear.

Good looking tire with aggressive tread pattern
Not many miles as of yet, but...
Quiet
Smooth
seem to stick well

·
Registered
359 Posts
225/60 R18 - Goodyear Assurance Comfort Tread - and they suck!
I'm waiting on some Goodyear RSA's like the police vehicles use...I'll let you know how they are when I get them in about a week.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh wow, what a great idea! Hahahaha, it looks like willy723 had the exact same idea (and not too long ago), and is well on the way . . . I haven't read the entire thread / post, maybe I'll just need to plagarize his work when it's done! J.K., that is highly against my nature, maybe he won't mind a copy with credit, just for those that look here first.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
275 40 R20 Hankook Ventus ST

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
I have to go with the Toyo Proxes 4. I just put a set on my ride and luv 'em. 245/45/20 front and 255/45/20 rear.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts