Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, sorry if I sound like a newbie here, I've done a lot of research about staggered rim set ups on my 2012 srt8 charger. I was looking into the vossen cv3 (I believe) and staggered with a 20/9.5 up front and the 20/10.5 in the rear. I can't remember if the front was 9 or 9.5. Anywho my question is for money saving purposes ONLY! Can I stretch the stock 245 rubber in back over the 10.5 rim?? Yes I realiz it would be slightly stretched.. Is this safe to do or will it look really shotty? Theoretically I think it would be ok. A 245mm tire divided by 25.4 (mm in an inch) equals 9.65" so that is a little less than a half inch stretch to both sides of the rubber. I can't seem to find anyone who has done what I am asking about. Like I said this is only for money saving, otherwise I'd have to always but two separate sizes of tires. Any help with little bashing would be greatly appreciated thanks!!

·
Registered
859 Posts
I think that would be a mistake. I'm running 275/40s on 10.5" rears and to my eye they appear slightly stretched. I can't imagine a 245/45 on a wheel of that width-it would be more than just slightly stretched.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
okay thanks for help, can you post a few pics of how your rear tires/rims look? just so i can see for myself how it all looks..

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice. What size rubber do you have? And i noticed on your photobucket deal you have a supercharger. What brand is it and how much did it cost to get setup? I know im asking about rims and tires but i been doin research on superchargers too.

·
Registered
391 Posts
305/35/20 mickey thomspons drag radials. rims are 20x9 and 20x10.5. cant remember the offsets though.

its a magnuson supercharger kit. kit was 5000 and another 1000 to install it

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the great info. And one last easy question. Do you happen to know the part number of supercharger? Id like to look further into it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts