Charger Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys ive been coming to this site for about 3 months now and i see that everyone is real helpful (well almost everyone lol)...I plan on getting an pioneer D3 in my sxt...i plan on changing all 4 speakers and adding a set of tweeters all powered by a kicker zx650.4 amp. My question is other than the Nav Bezel and 99-6510 metra kit what else do i need?? Thanks in advance guys and all info is much appriciated.

·
Registered
907 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Badass but everyone writes on how to install with steering controls so its confusing on what i need. What harness do i need if i dont have steering controls? and what if i dont want to rin head unit off factory amp is there any advantages/disadvantages? Thanks again

·
Registered
964 Posts
hey ridinondeuces,,,, if you dont want it to run off your factory amp your gonna have to replace all the doors speakers and run new wire to them...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea i was planning on doing that speeddevil...cuz i wanna power up the speakers with a little more than 100W rms per channel and the factory amp isnt capable of doing that...at least i dont think it is...but if i go about it my way and change all the speakers and stuff do i need any harness? and also would it be possible to add a set of 3 1/2 speakers in the dash where the should go if it were the 6 speaker system...when i look in the grills of them all i see is a piece of foam.

·
Registered
964 Posts
do you have a the six boston acoustics speaker system or the basic four speaker.. if you have the basic 4 speaker all you need is an harness which i think is like 10-15 bucks or even less and all you would do is add an amp and some aftermarket speakers... but if you have the six boston acoustics system you need a different kind of harness which is like 80-120 bucks.. thats to keep the amp and factory speakers. i think PAC audio has one.. the cheapest way is just to take out all the factory speakers add your new amp and new headunit and wire everything up...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea i have the basic four speaker system...by any chance do you know where i can find this harness or do you have a model number or something...can i add 2 speakers in the dash if i wire them up to another amp even though the car is only the basic 4 speaker set...because it has the cut outs and its just filled with a skinny foam disc...thanks so much for the info speeddevil its much appriciated

·
Registered
964 Posts
yes you can add 3 1/2 in the front dash...you can find the harness for the basic system at cartoys, best buy, and i think at walmart also.. i think i might have one.. i have to check this weekend.. where are you located

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh so i have a friend who works in best buy so ill just get it from him...im in brooklyn, NY...thanks again man you've been a BIG help

·
Registered
964 Posts
no problem.. thats what we are here for....

·
Registered
907 Posts
If you change your complete system you will not need to get any harness.. you stated that you would like to power them with an aftermarket amp.. to get more than 100 watts a channel rms.. the harness are needed only to "talk" to the factory amp. since you are putting in the pioneer D3 and wanting an aftermarket system the only harness you can get is to plug into the factory harness to have free wires to wire in your D3. Those are pretty cheap.. you only need to go to a stereo shop and tell them you need a harness for a 06/07 dodge charger... they should have one...

remember if you put your D3 in and don't change your amp, then your stereo will not play... cause you will not have a harness to "talk" to the amp..

so... it needs to be all at the same time.. or buy the harnessess and use the factory amp untill you have the money or what ever to change the rest....

hope this helps..

·
Registered
907 Posts
nope. the 6 speaker system is the boston accoustic upgrade..

·
Registered
907 Posts
well, I could be wrong for the 07's the did change a few things... I'll have to check into it.. I know i had to pay for the 6 speaker system and i have an R/T.

·
Registered
907 Posts
I just checked and yes I was wrong... man how things change... what i paid for last year is free this year.. damn..

the 6 speaker systems IS standard on a 07 SXT. not an SE for the record.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts