Charger Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Charger R/T Hemi
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my first hemi about a week ago. I have a few questions for anyone that might know. I got a 13 charger rt rwd with the police interceptor package. However, I strongly believe that it just pulls harder than a regular one. Anyone know what might be the cause? If I were to guess, the car feels between 380-400hp. Everything looks and sounds stock.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Welcome to the forums from Texas. I can't explain why it feels like 400 HP. What were you driving before you purchased it?

·
Registered
2013 RT Plus AWD
29 Posts
Welcome to the forums, from Pittsburgh! Could be any number of reasons why your car feels like it's a little over stock hp. Maybe it's had a gear upgrade, light mods, etc? Hard to say without more information, but enjoy that 2013!

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
the car feels between 380-400hp. Everything looks and sounds stock.
The rear gear ratio may be 3:06 rather than 2.65 The previous owner may have installed a custom tune or modified some of the parameters of the factory tune (e.g. Diablosport tuner). The factory rated HP/TQ was published as 370 HP, 395 lb-ft. TQ in 2009 and they have been publishing that HP/TQ ever since ... even though there have been changes since 2009 (e.g. eliminating belt drive power steering pump, etc ...). Most dyno numbers on the factory tune of the later 5.7L look more like 375 HP so feeling like 380 HP wouldn't take a lot. Getting to 400+ HP is going to take some aftermarket modifications.

But whatever the HP ... enjoy your "new to you" Charger.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Interceptors are Fords. Dodge has the Pursuit.

In no way has any additional power been proven on the Pursuit vs Civilian 5.7.

However as noted chances are good you got the 3.06 gears which help out a lot on snappier driving. And I would argue the TCM has a more aggressive shifting than civilian (almost akin to a sport mode)

May also help traction wise you have a AWD which means less slipping and more go.

Also, welcome to the Pursuit owners club!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts