Charger Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope this somewhat Off Topic post is OK...

I am new to this forum, but a long time Mopar fan. Here is a picture of my favorite old Mopar, a Triple Black 1968 Hemi Charger R/T that I call "Bullitt"

Does anyone recognize the guy posing with my Charger?!?... I hope I have attached the pictures correctly, they are not showing up in the preview.

XS

Attachments

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
I'll take a guess that it's the guy who drove in the scenes for Bullitt?

No idea, really, but I do know thats a 1968 Mercury Cougar behind them:)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Is that Richard Landy? It wouldnt let me write "DlCK". Anyhow, he's the only one I know in the Mopar world with the cigar trademark....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Killer_Mopar said:
Is that Richard Landy? It wouldnt let me write "DlCK". Anyhow, he's the only one I know in the Mopar world with the cigar trademark....
You are absolutely correct!!! Mr Landy was a famous super-stock racer from "back in the day", and a 1968 Hemi Charger R/T was one of the Mopars he drove... Mr Landy attended a Mopar Meet in 1988 in Fort Worth where this picture was taken. BTW, he is one of the nicest guys you would ever meet, unlike some racers of that period...

XS

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Nice ride. I was going to guess guy from Bullitt, too, I never would've thought of Landy.

·
Registered
352 Posts
he was kown back then as dandy ****Landy. His company then was called automotive reserch. now its called D.L.I. ****Landy Incorporated. HE STARTED OUT WITH A 61 FORD THEN WENT TO PLY IN 62 WITH A 413 MAXI WEDGE WITH A 3 SPEED STICK CAR.THEN IN 63 WENT WITH DODGE WITH THERE 426 STAGE 2 MAXI WEDGE. THEN 64 STAGE 3 THEN 65 WITH THERE AFX ALTERED WHELL BASE DODGE. THEN IN 68 HE WAS FACTORY BACKED WITH SOX N MARTIN AND WENT ON TOUR WITH THERE CAR SEMINARS. WAS IN PRO STOCK 4 A LITTLE WHILE WITH HIS DODGE DART AND COLT. HE BUILT A 340 4 ME IN 78 THAT WAS IN MY 73 DUSTER FOR NHRA STOCK CLASSES. SORRY THAT MY PUTER 4 SOME REASON WONT LET ME PUT IN THE NICK 4 RICHARD AT THE ****

1 - 6 of 6 Posts