Charger Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. Recent Charger buyer from Austin TX here. My previous car was a 2001 Bullitt Mustang GT that I'd had since it was new. Since that time, my driving needs have changed a bit, as I now have a longer commute, a wife, and a toddler. A stickshift Mustang is good for many things, carseats and rush hour traffic are not among them.

I wanted something that would provide sporty driving fun when the time is right, but also be a more serene 4-door family hauler when it isn't. Maxima and Genesis were on the right track, but not really my thing. Optima Turbo impressed me for a four-banger, but I realized that while I was ready to say goodbye to two doors and a clutch, I was sticking with a RWD V-8. After 16 years of driving Fords, I didn't even go look at the Taurus SHO and its AWD turbo V-6, it was time for a Hemi.

The luxury-optioned 300C was too quiet and cushy. The Super Bee too in-your-face and loud even while just cruising along. Also, zero Wife Acceptance Factor (WAF). Both were nice cars, but I needed something in the middle.

In the end, I went for a 2014 Charger R/T. With the Road & Track and Super Track packages, it's a fun and sporty ride yet settles down nicely during not-so-spirited driving. It has amenities sunroof, nav system, and ventilated leather seats to up the WAF. The exterior, too strikes the right balance. The aggressiveness of the Charger styling with 20" wheels and a blacked-out grill, but a plain-Jane silver paint color that seems to say "ordinary car, not here to race you, go away" in contrast to more extroverted colors like Header Orange or Stinger Yellow. Just the right mix of muscle car and family sedan.

And so in the waning days of 2013 I bid farewell to Bullitt #4628, took advantage of some great deals (1% under invoice pricing and $3500 in incentives) and got into the right car at a nice price.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Congrats on the new ride and welcome to the site!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Welcome from Texas as well!

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
Congrats and welcome from Tennessee!

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Welcome to the forum

Big John From NYC

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
Congrats on the new car and Welcome to the site from Pa.

·
Registered
298 Posts
:wave:
Welcome from Fort Worth!

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
Congrats and welcome! Now lets talk about mods!!!!

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Welcome from WA!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts