1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome Bobby from NC. Nice WB. Where did you get your rear louvre from? Do you have any issue with it vibrating and does it block the third brake light?

2019 R/T Scat Pack Plus
vicrez.com
I believe ikon motor sports has one for cheaper and are probably the same thing. Vibration occurs some at 70mph. The middle fins will flap if that make any sense. No it does not cover the brake light.
If you purchase the louver, take the supplied 3m tape off of the brackets and go get scotch 30lb hold mounting tape. Works a lot better I have had to redo mine several times. Also a hot rear glass helps with adhesion.

·
Registered
369 Posts
vicrez.com
I believe ikon motor sports has one for cheaper and are probably the same thing. Vibration occurs some at 70mph. The middle fins will flap if that make any sense. No it does not cover the brake light.
If you purchase the louver, take the supplied 3m tape off of the brackets and go get scotch 30lb hold mounting tape. Works a lot better I have had to redo mine several times. Also a hot rear glass helps with adhesion.
Appreciate the info

2019 R/T Scat Pack Plus

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
Welcome to the forums from Texas.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Welcome. Did you paint the half covers yourself? Nice looking car. I've been on the fence with louvers for years.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome. Did you paint the half covers yourself? Nice looking car. I've been on the fence with louvers for years.
Yes I did paint the covers my self. The orange is a decal from ebay. I did not use high temp paint, white enamel with 2k clear. But now they are off white. Looking to redo them again with right paint.

·
Registered
2020 Scat Pack Plus Pitch Black
1,281 Posts
Yes I did paint the covers my self. The orange is a decal from ebay. I did not use high temp paint, white enamel with 2k clear. But now they are off white. Looking to redo them again with right paint.
Looks great , welcome to the club.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Stay on the fence, I think they should have stayed in the 80's.
I like the way they look on the 2006-10 and 2015+ cars, but for some reason don't think they go particularly well on the 2011-14 cars. Plus with snow, I think they'd be a little much.

·
Registered
2020 Scat Pack Plus Pitch Black
1,281 Posts
I like the way they look on the 2006-10 and 2015+ cars, but for some reason don't think they go particularly well on the 2011-14 cars. Plus with snow, I think they'd be a little much.
If your car gets snow on it , louvers would be a nightmare to clean off. Back in the day I had a Firebird with louvers. The louvers had a hing that allowed you to stand them up and clean the window. I don't know if these new versions have that feature. It worked but still a pain in the rear end.

·
Registered
369 Posts
If I did decide to get a louver, it would be for keeping the heat down and the sun from fading the interior.

2019 R/T Scat Pack Plus

1 - 13 of 13 Posts