Charger Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I'm from MD and I'm getting a charger soon. Not sure what year yet, I might get new or else used if I can find a modded one. I'm really into racing and I learned to race when I was 14 (yes I'm a little irresponsible and go for it on the streets if I find another really fast car, but 99% on the strip). I'm 18 now and I'm looking for a new performance car and a charger seemed to fit. Before I had an Infiniti G35 that I modded the he'll out of with a full motor replacement (didn't like the "governer" on max HP with the stock engine lol), twin turbos, sweet exhaust, intake, awesome body kit, you name it. But now it's time to move onto bigger and better things. I'm looking to make a fast car that looks awesome and turns heads. Planning to get intake/exhaust upgrades with maybe a reprogrammer thing (not sure what exactly it's called, never used one) to start out (I've heard mixed reviews about these on lots of cars)

Before you go, I have a question. Are turbos or superchargers better for this car? I've seen some people say it either way, but I feel like a supercharger is way better for the strip. Believe me, I love turbos to death, I've been working with them since I was 13, but I do see A LOT more chargers with superchargers than with turbos. Just a question, leave feedback and I'll try to find out what I'm gonna do with my charger when I get it.

·
Supporting Vendor
624 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Many of your questions have been answered by some of the helpful members here on the forum. I suggest starting with a few quick searches and then posting if you need more specific information.

Nick C.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Welcome from West Virginia

-UncleMike-

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
Welcome from Tennessee!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Welcome from California.

·
Premium Member
1,749 Posts
Welcome from the shores of the scenic Severn river.

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
Put a motor in the car to get around the governer? How fast was this thing?

You have been racing and you think a auto/supercharger is a stronger option then a turbo/auto? lolllll

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Welcome from California.
And welcome from near California, Maryland (yes, Blake, we have one of those, right next to Hollywood, Maryland :) )

Me, I favor superchargers over turbos for larger engines.

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Welcome to the forum

Big John From NYC

1 - 10 of 10 Posts