Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone from Queens NY. I used to own a Top Banana #3911, but I sold it for a deal on a 6.0 GTO I could not turn down. I wanted something much faster than the 5.7. Man I love Chargers and I look foward to there being an SRT-8 in my driveway someday.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hello everyone from Queens NY. I used to own a Top Banana #3911, but I sold it for a deal on a 6.0 GTO I could not turn down. I wanted something much faster than the 5.7. Man I love Chargers and I look foward to there being an SRT-8 in my driveway someday.
Not to be rude, but you should've gotten the SRT-8 instead.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
x4..........

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got rid of the Daytona because the GTO was way faster. It would of been really difficult for me to pay off the SRT-8 but it definately would have been a different story if I had one.

·
Premium Member
4,351 Posts
Welcome from Texas! Expect some good natured ribbing....

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
Apparently nobody's reading his initial post.:smoke:

·
Registered
260 Posts
Well Im From Queens Also And Got Rid Of My Go Man Go #179 But Stood In Mopar Family And Got Srt-8 Grand Cherokee, Red Rock :lol:

·
Registered
856 Posts
Unless he got for under $28,000, it's understandable because both SRT-8 and GTO are around the same price.

Not to be funny, or start an argument, or dispute or anything else that happens in these threads. :) Please correct me if I'm wrong (though I looked up, and know the numbers), but any SRT8 model has a base price of around $38K+ after the $2300 GG tax, while GTOs, have (had) a base price of $33290 (auto) and $32685 (6-speed, and that's with a GG tax of $1300 on the auto, 6-speeds didn't get that. The most expensive GTO would be an auto with 18s, which would have cost $33785 at most. Not exactly the same. Plus, when was the last time you saw a base SRT on the lot anywhere. lol
This comes from a guy who bought a GTO first, months ago (had it for just a weekend, then the dealer tried to pull a fast one, so it ended up back on their lot, which is where it still sits today). I paid $27200 for that car, which had a sticker of $33785, plus tint ($299 dealer pricing) and Judge graphics ($499.00 dealer pricing), so all-in-all a total price of $34583, but bought for $27200 because it had been on the lot for a year. That's a far cry from almost $40K. So, don't hate the guy for not over-extending himself at the time. I like both cars alot, but there's NO comparing the two, as they're totally different cars. For what I wanted, I'm happy I have the Charger now.
Though I'm new myself to this forum, welcome and good luck on your ownership of an SRT8 soon.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I paid 25k for my 05 GTO over a year ago, (with 6,000 miles). Some dealerships were really making great deals on the new ones. I wanted an SRT8 when I bought the GTO, but it would have cost about 15k more with the trade than the GTO.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I went from an 04 GTO to an 06 Daytona and i couldn't be happier. Both are great cars and i do truly miss 6 speed manual, but i'll get the Camaro win 2009. Either way if your looking for speed the GTO has an excellent aftermarket to make it extremely fast. This one hit 1000 hp on Race gas, 800hp on 93 octane, everything is modified. He hit i think 700+ hp on the stock engine with fuel upgrades, till a ground short caused problems and detonated the engine (which he was waiting for anyway). Its for sale too. I don't care for the Speed factor just want a fun and comfortable car for now, which the Charger is.
http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186363
http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=188879

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
First off I would like to thank everyone for the warm welcome. Perf and gtx know where I'm coming from. The SRT-8 was 40k+ with the markup. The '06 GTO, 26k with only 8,000 miles on it, put the Charger in and it was basically a steal.

I agree that both our cars are two very different beasts, but Hemi or LS2 we're all American, V8, and especially rare. I have all the respect for Chargers, for a 4,200lbs car you guys can truely haul ass.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Would never dog somebody for trading in a Charger for a GTO...they're both legendary Americana and both great cars. I was estatic to see Pontiac making the goat again, and was COMPLETELY AWED when Dodge busted out the new Charger. We all win.

Now...if somebody posts they traded in their Charger for a base model Mustang, we may have some differences in opinion :)

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
to the forum from Northern Illinois!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts