Charger Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2006 SXT and it has a 4 speed autostick? I thought it was supposed to have a 5 speed. Can anyone shed some light on this. Mods if I posted in the wrong forum please move. thanks

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
06 SXT should have the 5 sp auto...Just when drivin slow ..oh wait...Does where the D is on the console have a +- next to it??

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
I have an 06 SXT RWD and mine has the 5-speed autostick
Hey fist..long time...Yeah, I thought the SXT had the autostick standard..because it's the top of the line V6....Am I right on that ?;)

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
haha

Well that is non-debatable

But yea i thought the 4 speed was not even an option on the 06 V6's, maybe someone a little more knowledgeable can input
Yeah, I think the only ones were the 2.7L...but the 3.5's had the auto...Every one of my friends..including you have the auto in the 06...uummmmmm...I remember when we first joined here...remember talking to ya.....Glad to see ya here...sorry to the OP..for the little hi-jac...:bigthumb:

·
Registered
8,966 Posts
If you have the +- next to the D position, it IS the 5-speed! If you shift manually, you will only see 1,2,3,4 then D. That might be why you're thinking it's a 4-speed. ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
that makes sense so D counts as a speed? I lease returned my bmw and it had numbers for all the speeds. Sorry first dodge car I buy in over 6 yrs. Pretty peppy for being a V6 thanks so much for the answers guys appreciate it!!!!

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
Lol...ya'll are funny..:rofl:

My 07 also has a 5 speed auto. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
that makes sense so D counts as a speed? I lease returned my bmw and it had numbers for all the speeds. Sorry first dodge car I buy in over 6 yrs. Pretty peppy for being a V6 thanks so much for the answers guys appreciate it!!!!
Yes, D=5th gear. You should be able to feel it shift and see it shift on the tach.

5 speed autosticks on 3.5L from 2005-2007.
2008 and up all 3.5L have 4 speed NON autostick unless you have AWD which always had and probly always will have the 5 speed autostick.

As mentioned before. If you see the +/- on the shift console you have the 5 speed which is also an autostick. If you DON'T HAVE the +/-, you have the 4 speed which is NOT autostick.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Mine is a 2008 with the 3.5l and it has the autostick. It is not AWD. Just checked it. Manufacturing date was July of 2008 and I played with the autostick and it goes to and says 5. Therefore 2008 years with 3.5 and non-AWD can have the 5 speed autostick.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Mine is a 2008 with the 3.5l and it has the autostick. It is not AWD. Just checked it. Manufacturing date was July of 2008 and I played with the autostick and it goes to and says 5. Therefore 2008 years with 3.5 and non-AWD can have the 5 speed autostick.
I find this hard to believe. Really wouldn't mind some more info to determine why your car would have a 5 speed.

·
Registered
606 Posts
do you have the column shifter?

is it a police vehicle?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts