Charger Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I'm new to your board, I've been looking at selling off my 96 caprice 9C1 and going with either a Caliber or maybe a Charger SXT. I need something new for making the daily commuter grind DC.

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Welcome to the forums, from Las Vegas! If you are looking for something to get you around fairly inexpensively, then the SXT will do a GREAT JOB. If you want something to have a little more fun when you romp on it, and still get good milage, then maybe you should also look into a R/T. The MDS capability with the hemi engine gets almost as good milage as the 3.5 when you are looking at freeway driving.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Western NY. I agree with TBYDaytona40. My Daytona is barely broken in, and I'm getting over 26 mpg on the highway with it. I expect that it will get better as I get more miles on it. I have the 3.5L V6 in my wife's Chrysler 300M, and while it's a good engine, there's no comparison in power. I used to think the 300M was pretty peppy until I got the Daytona. If you can afford it, you should consider going with the Hemi.

·
Premium Member
4,351 Posts
Welcome from Texas!

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Welcome to the forums, from Las Vegas! If you are looking for something to get you around fairly inexpensively, then the SXT will do a GREAT JOB. If you want something to have a little more fun when you romp on it, and still get good milage, then maybe you should also look into a R/T. The MDS capability with the hemi engine gets almost as good milage as the 3.5 when you are looking at freeway driving.
Would you quit rubbing that in..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Welcome to the forum. I'm got an SXT also and 90% of my driving is in stop and go traffic so the SXT suits me well.

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
Welcome from Tennessee

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
to the forum from Northern Illinois!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the welcome. Just waiting to get ride of my Caprice on ebay. Hope to have some cash for a down payment. I've been looking a lot of the used chargers in the area and the prices seem nice. Less BS than dealing with the new car salesman. Charges are looking better than the caliber. Pluus there's alot more of them.:cool:

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
Welcome to the Fam!!! Go with The Charger .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts